Difference between revisions of "Coast Mountain Bus Company Vancouver Transit Centre"
|Line 69:||Line 69:|
VTC has 262 trolley, 149 hybrid, and 28 diesel vehicles, amounting to a total of
VTC has 262 trolley, 149 hybrid, and 28 diesel vehicles, amounting to a total of units as of May 5th, 2019.
Revision as of 06:18, 6 May 2019
Coast Mountain Bus Company's Vancouver Transit Centre opened on September 2nd, 2007 and is located at 9149 Hudson Street.
Known colloquially as "VTC", the $37.3-million facility houses more than 400 units. The building has space for approximately 1000 individuals involved in administration, training, operations and management work. In late 2009, it completed a $2,000,000 upgrade to provide additional garage space with the arrival of 34 additional articulated trolley units. Parking space was added on the western side of the property for diesel unit storage.
Besides retaining all the features and operations of Oakridge Transit Centre, it also offers operator training facilities, a farebox electronics shop, facilities for major body repairs and a T-Comm backup centre for transit radio communications.
- LEED building design
- Wastewater treatment plant on-site
- Recycled water bus wash
It is responsible for running routes in Vancouver and parts of Burnaby.
- 2 Macdonald/Macdonald–16th Avenue/Burrard Station
- 3 Main/Downtown
- 4 Powell/Downtown/UBC
- 5 Robson/Downtown
- 6 Davie/Downtown
- 7 Nanaimo Station/Dunbar
- 8 Fraser/Downtown
- 9 Boundary/Commercial–Broadway Station/Granville/Alma/UBC
- 10 Granville/Downtown
- 14 Hastings/Downtown/UBC
- 15 Cambie/Olympic Village Station
- 16 29th Avenue Station/Arbutus
- 17 Oak/Downtown
- 19 Metrotown Station/Stanley Park
- 20 Victoria/Downtown
- 22 Knight/Downtown
- 25 Brentwood Station/UBC
- 32 Dunbar/Downtown
- 33 29th Avenue Station/UBC
- 41 Joyce Station/Crown/UBC
- 50 Waterfront Station/False Creek South
- 84 UBC/VCC–Clark Station
- N8 Fraser/Downtown NightBus
- N15 Cambie/Downtown NightBus
- N20 Victoria/Downtown NightBus
- N22 Macdonald/Downtown NightBus
VTC has 262 trolley, 149 hybrid, and 28 diesel vehicles, amounting to a total of 439 units as of May 5th, 2019.
- Environmentally-friendly Vancouver Transit Centre to provide home for new electric trolley buses, translink.bc.ca, retrieved 09-01-04
- Fleet Allocation as of January 22, 2010, taylornoonan.com, retrieved 21-02-2010
- The Buzzer March 18, 2005 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 14-01-2010
- Doing Business with Translink, Bidding Opportunities, translink.ca, retrieved 22-12-2009