York Region Transit route 96 'Keele-Yonge'
|Number of Branches||2|
|Types of buses used||New Flyer D40LF Nova Bus LFS|
|Related routes||22, 98, 107|
96 Keele-Yonge is a base route operated by YRT in Newmarket, Aurora, King City, Vaughan, and Toronto, ON.
Routes 96 mainly serves Yonge St. between Davis Dr. and King Rd., King Rd. between Yonge St. and Keele St., and Keele St. between King Rd. and Steeles Ave. Rush hour service is provided to the Ravineview Dr. and Kirby Rd. area.
This route has 2 main branches:
- 96 Newmarket Terminal - Pioneer Village Station (Weekday midday and evenings)
- 96 Newmarket Terminal - Pioneer Village Station via Kirby Road (Weekday rush hours only)
This route serve the Newmarket, Aurora, Oak Ridges, King City, Maple, Concord and northwest Toronto communities. They also serve Oak Ridges Moraine Library, Bond Lake Arena, King City Secondary School, Township of King Municipal Offices, King City Arena, King City GO Station, St. Joan of Arc Catholic High School, Maple Community Centre, and York University.
Service between Newmarket and York University was originally operated by GO Transit as route 64. Operation was transferred to YRT in 2010 as route 22A King City. With the opening of the Line 1 extension to Vaughan, route 22A was renumbered to 96 Keele-Yonge, and extended through York University to Pioneer Village Station. On September 2, 2018, the route was restructured to discontinue direct service to York University, with buses bypassing York University to terminate at Pioneer Village Terminal.
- Newmarket GO Bus Terminal: Northern terminus for route 96. Serves Bay 10. Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A, Viva Yellow, and routes 44, 50, 52, 55/55B, 56, 57/57A, 98, 520/521.
- Yonge/Murray: Connections to routes 31, 32, 98/98E.
- Bloomington/Yonge: Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A and routes 84C, 98/98E.
- King/Yonge: Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A and routes 84A, 91B, 98/98E.
- King/Bathurst: Connection to route 88.
- King City GO Station: Connection to route 61.
- Keele/Major Mackenzie: Connections to routes 4/4A, 107C/107D.
- Keele/Rutherford: Connections to routes 85/85C, 107C/107D.
- Pioneer Village Station: Southern terminus of route 96. Serves Bay 5. Connections to 3, 20, 107B, 165F.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|Route 96 schedule is timed to meet the GO Train at King City GO Station.|