York Region Transit route 87 'Autumn Hill'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of buses used||New Flyer D40LF/R , New Flyer XD40 , E-Z Rider II , Van Hool A330 , Nova Bus LFS|
87 Autumn Hill is a local route operated by YRT in Vaughan and Richmond Hill, ON.
Route 87 mainly serves Ten Oaks Blvd, Autumn Hill Blvd., and Garden Ave.
This route has 1 main branch:
This route serves the Maple, Thornhill Woods, Richvale, and Bayview Glen communities. It also serves Stephen Lewis Secondary School, North Thornhill Community Centre, and Langstaff Secondary School. Some trips also serve Rutherford GO Station.
Route 87 is the only Richmond Hill-series route to not have a direct precursor from a Richmond Hill route. YRT created this route after amalgamation to provide more service to Maple and Bayview Glen communities, and to serve the new Thornhill Woods community in between. Rush hour service was originally operated.
In September 2005, service was increased to 6 days a week, and buses now operated in both directions through Richmond Hill Centre Terminal. The part of the route between Yonge and Bayview is closely paralled by route 1, and with Richmond Hill Centre close by, it was a surprise that this short leg remained, and buses did not turn back west at Richmond Hill Centre.
Route 87 was declared fully accessible in February 2012.
Route 87 was restructured in the Summer 2012 service changes. The route was short-turned both at Richmond Hill Centre and Vaughan Mills on weekday midday and Saturdays, with service running full route on rush hours only. It was eventually renamed from "Langstaff-Maple" to "Autumn Hill" on June 30, 2013 and had service operate cut to rush hours only between Vaughan Mills and Richmond Hill Centre, with service east and north of it discontinued.
- Vaughan Mills Terminal: Western terminus. Serves Bay 2. Connections to routes 4, 12, 20, 85/85C, 360, 760.
- Rutherford/Keele: Connections to routes 85, 107C/107D.
- Rutherford GO Station: Served during GO Train meets. Connections to routes 85, 107B.
- Bathurst Street: Connections to route 88/88A.
- Langstaff Secondary School: Connection to route 83.
- Richmond Hill Centre Terminal: Eastern terminus. Serves Bay 6. Connections to Viva Blue, Viva Pink, Viva Purple, and routes 1, 83, 91B, 99, 760.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|87||30||Not operated.||30||Not operated.|