York Region Transit route 84 'Oak Ridges'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of buses used||ElDorado National E-Z Rider II BRT/MAX|
84 Oak Ridges is a local bus route operated by York Region Transit in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada.
Route 84 serves mainly Sunset Beach Rd., Humberland Dr., Bloomington Rd., Worthington Ave., and North Lake Rd.
The route mainly serves the Oak Ridges community and also serves the Lake Wilcox Community Centre and Bond Lake Arena.
This route has 1 branch:
- 84 Clockwise (Monday to Saturday)
- January 1, 2001 - Route 84 was originally Richmond Hill Transit route 4. It ran along its present route to Yonge and King, and went south to Bernard Terminal. Some peak trips also went further south to connect with Richmond Hill GO Station on Major Mackenzie. When YRT inherited operations from Richmond Hill Transit, it renumbered it to route 84 and continued to operate it in the same fashion.
- January 7, 2002 - An additional 5:30 AM 84C trip is added to better service GO train schedules at Richmond Hill GO Station.
- May 9 , 2004 - Peak trips to the GO Station were ended. Around the same time, buses were rerouted along Gamble Rd., Rollinghill Rd. and Tower Hill Dr. to serve the Inspiration community.
- September 2005 - With the introduction of Viva and route 98, buses were cut back to serve as a shuttle to Viva Blue only. Buses now operate around in a continuous loop. Service to the Inspiration community was handled by an extension of route 86. When Viva serivce was extended north to Newmarket, buses serviced the stop at Yonge/King, heading north on Yonge St. a little to directly serve the shelter, and to loop. Since all of route 84 is inside both fare zones, travel to either Aurora or Richmond Hill is possible on a single fare, making route 84 a good shuttle route to Viva.
- 2006 - Route 84 used to be operated by Miller's Richmond Hill Division, but as of the beginning of 2006, it is operated by Laidlaw (now TOK Transit) Division in Newmarket.
- 2010 - Dial-a-Ride service was added to this route to serve on weekdays during off-peak periods and Saturdays at all times.
- December 2012 - Routes 84A and 84C were declared fully accessible.
- February 24, 2013 - Elimination of the A branch, with all service now operating on the C branch (now the main branch).
- 2014 - The 2014 Annual Service Plan will have the weekday peak period frequency adjusted from every 17 minutes to every 34 minutes and midday and evening frequency adjusted from every 40 minutes to every 50 minutes.
- April 5, 2020 - Route 84 was temporarily suspended with On-Request Aurora-Oak Ridges service introduced, operating during the weekdays from 7am to 10:45pm.
|Yonge St. @ Sunset Beach Rd.||84|
|Yonge St. @ King Rd.||84|
|Bayview Ave. @ North Lake Rd.||84|
|Yonge St. @ Worthington Ave.||84|
|Yonge St. @ Coon's Rd||84|
|Bloomington Rd. @ Yonge St.||84|
|Cardinal Carter Catholic High School||84|
|Seneca College King Campus||84|
|Bathurst St. @ Humberland Dr.||84|
|Richmond Hill GO Station||84A/C||84A/C|
|Yorkland St. @ Yonge St.||84A/C||84A/C|
|Rolling Hill Rd. @ Tower Hill Dr.||84A/C|
|Yonge St. @ Sunset Beach Rd.||84||84A/C||84A/C||84A/C|
|Yonge St. @ King Rd.||84||84A/C|
|Bayview Ave. @ North Lake Rd.||84||84A/C|
|Yonge St. @ Worthington Ave.||84||84A/C|
|Bloomington Rd. @ Yonge St.||84||84A/C|
|Yonge St. @ Coon's Rd||84||84A/C||84A/C||84A/C|
|Cardinal Carter Catholic High School||84||84A/C||84A/C||84A/C|
|Bathurst St. @ Humberland Dr.||84||84A/C||84A/C||84A/C|
|Bond Cr. @ Yonge St.||84A/C||84A/C|
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|2020||84||Service Suspended - On-Request Service|