York Region Transit route 81 'Inspiration'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of buses used||E-Z Rider II/BRT/MAX , New Flyer D40LF/R , New Flyer XD40 , Nova Bus LFS|
|Division||Southeast (Richmond Hill)|
81 Inspiration is a local route operated by YRT in Richmond Hill, ON.
Route 81 serves Tower Hill Rd., Rollinghill Rd., Selwyn Rd., and Jefferson Sdrd.
This route has 1 main branch:
- 81 Jefferson Sideroad - Bernard Terminal (Weekday rush hours only)
This route serves the Inspiration community. One trip in the morning and one in the afternoon also serve Richmond Hill High School.
Route 84 originally operated a rush-hour diversion into the Inspiration community in 2004. When Viva was introduced in September 2005, route 84 was cut back to Oak Ridges only, and nearby route 86 replaced the service, upgrading it to 6 days a week.
As the Inspiration community grew and expanded, it required more than the small diversion by route 86 buses, and in April 2008 YRT implemented route 81. It went further into the Inspiration neighbourhood and connected it to Viva.
Route 81 was restructured as part of the Summer 2012 service changes; seeing service removed from Silver Maple Dr., and introducing service along Tower Hill and Rollinghill Rds. as replacement from route 86 withdrawal in the area.
Route 81 was declared fully accessible in December 2012.
- Bernard Terminal: Terminus. Serves Bay 4. Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A and routes 83, 86, 98/98E, 99, 590.
- Yonge/19th: Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A and route 98.
- Yonge/Jefferson: Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A and route 98.
- Bathurst/Jefferson: Connection to route 88.
- Rollinghill/Tower Hill
- Richmond Hill High School: Served by two weekday trips. Connections to routes 82, 83, 86.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|Sept 2020-Present||81||29||Not operated||32||Not operated|
|Early 2020||81||Variable||Not operated||Variable||Not operated|
|Schedule is timed to maintain connections with route 86 for passengers to/from Richmond Hill GO Station.|