York Region Transit route 56 'Gorham-Eagle'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of buses used||E-Z Rider II/BRT/MAX , New Flyer D40LF|
56 Gorham-Eagle is a local route operated by YRT in Newmarket, ON.
Route 56 serves Eagle St., Gorham St. and Harry Walker Pkwy.
This route has 1 main branch:
This route serves the Glenway Estates, Central Newmarket, Gorham-College Manor, and Newmarket Industiral Park communities. It also serves Upper Canada Mall, Ray Twinney Recreation Complex, Regional Headquarters, and Newmarket Community Arena. One trip in the morning and one in the afternoon also serve Sacred Heart Catholic High School.
Route 56 was operating along its present arrangement when YRT inherited Newmarket Transit in 2001. It had a different number with Newmarket Transit, however. The only change to this route happened in September 2005, when route 520/521 was introduced, running along Gorham and Eagle. Frequency was reduced as a result.
Route 56 was declared fully accessible in December 2012.
The 2014 Annual Service Plan had service discontinued after 9:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays/Holidays.
- Newmarket GO Bus Terminal: Western terminus. Serves Bay 8. Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A and routes 22A, 44, 50, 52, 55/55B, 57/57A, 58, 98, 520/521.
- Upper Canada Mall: Connections to routes 44, 52, 55, 520/521.
- Yonge St.: Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A and routes 22A, 98/98E, 520/521.
- Main St.: Connections to routes 54, 520/521.
- Sacred Heart Catholic High School: Served by two trips weekdays. Connections to route 44.
- Leslie St.: Connections to routes 57/57A, 222, 520/521.
- Harry Walker Pkwy.
- 404 Town Centre: Eastern terminus. Connections to routes 50, 56, 57/57A, 58, 222, 520/521.
- Leslie/Ringwell: Connections to routes 50, 55B, 58.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|56||30||60||30||60||Not operated.||30||Not operated.||30||Not operated.|