York Region Transit route 54 'Bayview'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of buses used||E-Z Rider II/BRT/MAX|
54 Bayview (previously 54 Bayview North) is a base route operated by YRT in Aurora and Newmarket, ON.
Route 54 operates on Main St. and Bayview Ave. between Davis Dr. and Wellington St.
This route has 1 branch:
- 54 Davis Drive - Yonge and Wellington (Monday to Saturday)
This route serves the Gorham College-Manor, Central Newmarket, Stonehaven-Wyndham, and Aurora Grove communities. It also serves East Gwillimbury GO Station, Newmarket Community Arena, Pickering College, Aurora Centre, St. Maximillian Kolbe Catholic High School, Aurora GO Station, and Aurora Public Library.
Route 54 has been operating on mostly its same route for a number of years. In September 2006, buses were rerouted from Bayview onto Main St. between Davis Dr. and Water St. Before, some trips had an expanded looping that served Main St. between Davis Dr. and Queen St.
In 2007, the northern routing changed from operating on Prospect St. to Main St. In 2010, service to Stone Rd. was cancelled and buses instead travel down Wellington St. and turns around at Victoria & Church Sts. to improve connections to Viva Blue and other Yonge St. routes.
On September 5, 2010, to prevent confusion, the 'North' suffix was removed from route signs.
Route 54 was declared fully accessible in December 2012.
In July 2017, service was extended north to serve East Gwillimbury GO Station via Main Street North. The northern diversion to Southlake was cancelled.
- East Gwillimbury GO Station - Northern terminus. Connections to route 52 and 58.
- Davis Dr./Bayview Pkwy.: Connections to routes 50, 55/55B, 58, 520/521.
- Newmarket GO Station: Connections to routes 44, 50, 55/55B, 58, 520/521.
- Water/Doug Duncan: Connections to routes 56, 520/521.
- Mulock Dr.: Connection to route 57/57A.
- St. John's Sdrd.: Connection to route 222.
- Wellington St.: Connections to routes 32, 33.
- Victoria/Wellington: Southern terminus. Connections to routes 32, 33/33A.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|54||30||70||30||65||Not operated.||50||56||52||Not operated.|