York Region Transit route 52 'Holland Landing'
|Number of Branches||4|
|Types of buses used||E-Z Rider II/BRT/MAX , New Flyer D40LF|
52 Holland Landing is a local route operated by YRT in Newmarket and East Gwillimbury, ON.
Route 52 serves Yonge St. north of Davis Dr., as well as Mt. Albert Rd. and Park Ave.
This route has 1 main branch:
- 52 Newmarket Terminal - Queensville Sideroad (Monday to Saturday)
This route serves the Holland Landing community. It also serves Upper Canada Mall, Dr. J.M. Denison Secondary School, Green Lane Centre, Holland Landing Airport, Holland Landing Community Centre, and East Gwillimbury Public Library. Some trips serve Grist Mill Plaza and East Gwillimbury GO Station.
Route 52 connects to Viva Blue at Newmarket Terminal.
In 2004, YRT started expanding service to smaller communities that did not yet have access to public transit other than GO Transit. Before, it's main focus was maintaining and increasing service operated by the former agencies it had acquired, therefore communities that did not have service before amalgamation largely went unnoticed. One of the smaller communities that needed service was Holland Landing, located a few kilometres north of Newmarket. YRT decided to implement a new route to serve this area, and connect it to the rest of the York Region network.
Route 52 started operating in September 2004, with a very similar routing to the one operated today. The only change was that all buses except during peak periods started running via Upper Canada Mall to get to/from Newmarket Terminal in Spring 2005.
Service has not been expanded due to the fact much of its route is in the country, and the community of Holland Landing is very spread-out low-density housing that is hard to attract passengers from.
Route 52 was declared fully accessible in December 2012.
In August 2017, to serve new communities in Sharon, the limited AM service routing to East Gwillimbury GO Station was changed to serve Mount Albert Sideroad to Leslie Street to Green Lane. Service via 2nd Concession was cancelled.
Weekday midday and evening service was replaced with on-request service on November 4, 2019.
- Newmarket GO Bus Terminal: Southern terminus. Serves Bay 8. Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A and routes 22A, 44, 50, 55/55B, 56, 57/57A, 58, 98, 520/521.
- Dr J.M. Denison Secondary School: Served by two trips weekdays. Connection to route 44.
- Silver City: Served during evenings.
- East Gwillimbury GO Station: Served by train-meets weekdays. Connections to routes 50, 58.
- Yonge/Mount Albert
- Grist Mill Plaza: Served by southbound trips during the morning/early afternoon and northbound trips during the late afternoon/evening.
- Queensville/Yonge: Northern terminus.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|52||Variable||Not operated.||30||Not operated.||Not operated.||54||52||59||Not operated.|
|Schedule during peak periods is timed to connect with the GO Train at East Gwillimbury GO Station.|