York Region Transit route 52 'Holland Landing'
|Number of Branches||4|
|Types of buses used||E-Z Rider II/BRT/MAX , New Flyer D40LF|
52 Holland Landing is a local route operated by YRT in Newmarket and East Gwillimbury, ON.
Route 52 serves Yonge St. north of Davis Dr., as well as Mt. Albert Rd. and Park Ave.
This route serves the Holland Landing community. It also serves Upper Canada Mall, Dr. J.M. Denison Secondary School, Green Lane Centre, Holland Landing Airport, Holland Landing Community Centre, and East Gwillimbury Public Library. Some trips serve Grist Mill Plaza.
Route 52 connects to Viva Blue at Newmarket Terminal.
This route has 1 main branch:
- 52 Newmarket Terminal - Queensville Sideroad (Monday to Friday)
In 2003, YRT started expanding service to smaller communities that did not yet have access to public transit other than GO Transit. Before, it's main focus was maintaining and increasing service operated by the former agencies it had acquired, therefore communities that did not have service before amalgamation largely went unnoticed. One of the smaller communities that needed service was Holland Landing, located a few kilometres north of Newmarket. YRT decided to implement a new route to serve this area, and connect it to the rest of the York Region network.
- June 2003 - Route 52 started operating, with a very similar routing to the one operated today. The only change was that all buses except during peak periods started running via Upper Canada Mall to get to/from Newmarket Terminal in Spring 2005. Service has not been expanded due to the fact much of its route is in the country, and the community of Holland Landing is very spread-out low-density housing that is hard to attract passengers from.
- December 2012 - Route 52 was declared fully accessible.
- 2013 - The 2013 Annual Service Plan had Dial-a-Ride service on route 44 expanded to cover routes 52 and 58A. The 5:51am northbound trip and 5:56am southbound trip on weekdays were discontinued.
- August 2017 - To serve new communities in Sharon, the limited AM service routing to East Gwillimbury GO Station was changed to serve Mount Albert Sideroad to Leslie Street to Green Lane. Service via 2nd Concession was cancelled.
- November 4, 2019 - Weekday midday and evening service was replaced with on-request service.
- September 2020 - Weekday midday and Saturday service was fully replaced with on-request services, along with elimination of service to East Gwillimbury GO Station.
|Newmarket GO Bus Terminal||52||Southern Terminus|
|Yonge St. @ Green Ln.||52|
|Yonge St. @ Mount Albert Rd.||52|
|Mount Albert Rd. @ Grist Mill Rd.||52|
|Yonge St. @ Queensville Sdrd.||52||Northern Terminus|
|Newmarket GO Bus Terminal||52||52|
|Yonge St. @ Green Ln.||52||52|
|East Gwillimbury GO Station||52|
|Yonge St. @ Mount Albert Rd.||52||52|
|Mount Albert Rd. @ Grist Mill Rd.||52||52|
|Yonge St. @ Queensville Sdrd.||52||52|
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|