York Region Transit route 50 'Queensway'
|Number of Branches||2|
|Types of buses used||New Flyer D40LF Nova Bus LFS|
50 Queensway is a bus route operated by York Region Transit in Newmarket, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, and Brock, Ontario, Canada.
Route 50 mainly serves Davis Dr., Leslie St., The Queensway, Metro Rd., and Highway 48.
This route serves the Keswick, Historic Lakeshore, Sutton-Jacksons Point, and Pefferlaw communities. It also serves Newmarket GO Station, Southlake Regional Health Centre, Keswick Marketplace, Our Lady of the Lake Catholic College School, and Pefferlaw Library. One trip in the morning also serves East Gwillimbury GO Station.
Route 50 connects to Viva Blue at Newmarket GO Bus Terminal.
This route has 1 branch:
- 50 Newmarket Terminal - Sutton via Keswick Marketplace
- 50A Sutton (High St. @ Burke St.) - Pefferlaw Fire Hall (June 2016 - Apr. 2020)
- 50B Beaverton (Mill St. @ Simcoe St.) - Pefferlaw Fire Hall (Sept. 2013 - Apr. 2015)
- 2002 - YRT originally ran route 50 locally within the community of Keswick, in conjunction with route 51. Route 50 operated from Glenwoods Ave. north along The Queensway, Simcoe Ave., and Metro Rd. to loop at Ferncroft Drive.
- September 2007 - YRT streamlined operations within Keswick by merging the two routes together. Also, YRT and GO Transit formed a partnership on route 69 where YRT passes, tickets, and transfers would be accepted on route 69, providing a connection between Georgina and the rest of the region.
- July 3, 2012 - The current version of route 50 began service. This replaced route 220 by meeting 4 trains in each direction at Newmarket GO Station, and replaced GO route 69 on September 2, 2012.
- December 2012 - Route 50 was declared fully accessible.
- 2014 - The 2014 Service Plan had the route restructured to provide service between Newmarket and Sutton, with the section between Sutton and Beaverton operated by a smaller vehicle. In addition, seasonal weekend service was diverted to The ROC, with schedules being adjusted to accommodate the diversion. This was pushed forward to 2013, with seasonal weekend service to The ROC offered during the 2013 season, in addition to introducing a new branch, operating between Pefferlaw and Beaverton using a minivan. Service continued beyond 2014 to The ROC with weekend service only outside of summer months.
- April 18, 2015 - Due to low ridership and high operating costs on route 50B, service on that branch was eliminated.
- June 2016 - The portion of route 50 serving between High St./Burke St, and Pefferlaw Fire Hall was split into a separate limited-service 50A branch.
- 2017 - York Region Transit introduced the Dial-A-Ride North, providing connection services to communities and route 50 for northern York Region residents.
- April 5, 2020 - The limited 50A weekday early morning, weekday late evening, and weekend/Holiday trips to Pefferlaw was discontinued due to low ridership.
|Newmarket GO Bus Terminal||50||Southern Terminus|
|Newmarket GO Station||50|
|Glenwoods Ave. @ Woodbine Ave.
|High St. @ Burke||50||Northern Terminus.|
|Newmarket GO Bus Terminal||50||50|
|Newmarket GO Station||50||50|
|East Gwillimbury GO Station||50||50|
|The Queensway S. @ Glenwoods Ave.||50||50||50|
|Glenwoods Ave. Park & Ride||50|
|Glenwoods Ave. @ Woodbine Ave.
|The Queensway S. @ Simcoe Ave.||50||50||50|
|Metro Rd. N. @ Ferncroft Dr.||50||50||50|
|High St. @ Burke St.||50||50||50A|
|Pefferlaw Fire Hall||50||50||50A||50B|
|Lake Ridge Rd. @ Highway 48||50B|
|Mill St. @ Simcoe St.||50B|
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|