York Region Transit Route 32 'Aurora South'
|Number of Branches||2|
|Types of buses used||E-Z Rider II/BRT/MAX , New Flyer D40LF , Dial-a-Ride vehicles|
32 Aurora South is a local route operated by YRT in Aurora, ON.
Route 32 operates along Stone Rd., Wellington St., Murray Dr. and Henderson Dr.
This route serves the Aurora Highlands, Aurora Village, and Aurora Grove communities. It also serves Aurora Shopping Centre, Aurora High School, Sir Maximillian Kolve Catholic High School, Aurora GO Station, and Aurora Town Hall. One trip in the morning and one in the afternoon serve Cardinal Carter Catholic High School. Two trips in the morning and two in the afternoon also serve Dr. G.W. Williams Secondary School. Some trips also serve the bus loop at Aurora GO Station.
This route has 2 main branches:
- 32 Seneca College King Campus - Stone Road (Weekday rush hours only)
- 32 Bathurst Street - Stone Road (Weekdays)
Aurora Transit first operated a 'Aurora North' route. It was later taken over by Newmarket Transit, and the route was named A2 Aurora Centre Plaza. A2 was later taken over by YRT, which was when they renumbered it to 32 Aurora South. It had a much different route, and was more north-south orientated than the current east-west operation. 32 ran from Aurora Centre Plaza roughly south-west along Wellington and Yonge to Henderson, and along McClellan, Bathurst and Sideroad 15 to Seneca College.
- September 2005 - With the looming introduction of Viva Blue and route 33, YRT rerouted both routes 31 and 32 to operate primarily along Wellington. 32 was switched to run along Wellington from Bathurst to Bayview, now looping on Stone Rd.. This rerouting also allowed the replacement of the Aurora GO Shuttles, routes 220 and 221.
- 2010 - Dial-a-Ride was implemented on this route for weekday evening runs and Saturday runs. In September 2011, routing was added along Industrial Pkwy. to serve the food bank on Dial-a-Ride trips only.
- December 2012 - Route 32 was declared fully accessible.
- 2014 - The 2014 Annual Service Plan has the 7:09pm southbound trip discontinued.
- December 2017 - The route was changed with an additional southern loop during limited AM service, with service to Coons Road and Bloomfield Trail via Yonge Street after servicing Cardinal Carter High School. Service via Industrial Parkway South was also discontinued.
|Bayview Ave. @ Stone Rd.||32||Eastern Terminus.|
|Aurora GO Station||32|
|Wellington St. @ Yonge St.||32|
|Wellington St. @ Bathurst St.||32|
|Murray Dr. @ Yonge St.||32|
|McClellan Way @ Bathurst St.||32||Western Terminus.|
|Bayview Ave @ Hollidge Blvd.
Aurora Centre Plaza
|Bayview Ave @ Stone Rd.||32|
|Aurora GO Station||32||32||32||32|
|Yonge St. @ Church
Aurora Senior's Centre
|Yonge St. @ Henderson Dr.
|McClellan Way @ Bathurst St.||32||32||32||32|
|Seneca College King Campus||32||32||32|
|Cardinal Carter High School||32||32|
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|