York Region Transit route 2 'Milliken'
|Number of Branches||2|
|Types of buses used||New Flyer D40LF/R , New Flyer XD40 , Nova Bus LFS|
|Related routes||14, 203|
2 Milliken is a base route operated by YRT in Toronto and Markham, ON.
Route 2 mainly serves John St., Esna Park Dr., and Denison St.
This route has 2 main branches:
This route serves the Thornhill, Milliken, Middlefield, and Cedarwood communities. On weekends, it also serves the Rouge Fairways, Legacy, Box Grove, and Cedar Grove communities. It also serves Thornhill Community Centre. One trip in the morning and one in the afternoon also serve Middlefield Collegiate Institute during school times.
Route 2 connects to Viva Blue and Viva Pink at Finch Station and Yonge/Steeles, as well as Viva Green at Denison/Warden during rush hours. A small portion of the route is shared with Viva Blue and Viva Pink, between Finch Station and Yonge/Meadowview.
Route 2 was originally operated by Markham Transit as its South Trunk route. It was renamed 2 Milliken after amalgamation in 2001.
The eastern looping was expanded slightly during rush hours to provide service to Eastvale Dr., with all weekday service using it starting in September 2007. The loop was expanded via Denison St. and Elson St. in September 2008.
Route 2 was indirectly affected by the York University strike between November 6, 2008 and January 29, 2009 due to a high proportion of riders living along the route who commute to York University.
Route 2 was declared fully accessible in December 2012.
Route 2 was extended east on weekends from Russell Jarvis to the Box Grove Smart!Centres on June 30, 2013.
- Finch Terminal: Western terminus. Serves Bay 12. Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A, Viva Pink, and routes 5, 23, 77/77A, 88/88A, 91/91A, 98E, 99, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 760.
- Yonge/Steeles: Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A, Viva Pink, and routes 5, 23, 77/77A, 88/88A, 91/91A, 99.
- John/Bayview: Connections to routes 3, 91/91A.
- John/Woodbine: Connections to routes 14, 24D/224B/224C/224D.
- Denison/Kennedy: Connection to routes 8, 203.
- Denison/McCowan: Connections to routes 129A, 203.
- Denison/Markham: Eastern terminus on weekdays. Connections to routes 102D, 203.
- Eastvale/Steeles: Easternmost time point on weekdays.
- Rouge Bank/Russell Jarvis
- Box Grove Walmart: Eastern terminus on weekends. Connections to route 1.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|2 to Markham Road||20||36||19-23||34||50||Not operated.|
|2 to Copper Creek Drive||Not operated.||33||67|