York Region Transit route 25 'Major Mackenzie'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of buses used||New Flyer D40LF/R , New Flyer XD40 , Nova Bus LFS|
25 Major Mackenzie is a base route operated by YRT in Richmond Hill and Markham, ON.
Route 25 mainly serves Major Mackenzie Dr. east of Harding Blvd. It also serves various local roads in the Cornell community.
This route has 1 branch:
- 25 Harding Boulevard - Markham-Stouffville Hospital (Weekdays)
This route serves the Greensborough and Cornell communities. It also serves Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, Alexander Mackenzie High School, Richmond Hill GO Station, Bayview Secondary School, Major Mackenzie Drive/Highway 404 carpool lot, Angus Glen Community Centre, and Angus Glen Library.
Route 25 was introduced on July 2, 2013 as part of the Major Mackenzie restructuring. It took the role of route 4A east of Woodbine, providing a more reliable service along the Major Mackenzie corridor. Initially the route was to operate during weekday rush hours only, but hourly midday service was added at the last minute to compensate loss of midday service west of Highway 48.
Route 25 was rerouted away from Cornell Centre Blvd. on May 25, 2015 due to a realignment of Cornell Centre Blvd. away from Highway 7.
On June 30, 2019, service was adjusted to service the Major Mackenzie Drive/Highway 404 carpool lot.
- Harding Blvd.: Western terminus. Connections to routes 4/4A, 83/83A, 589/590.
- Yonge St.: Connections to Viva Blue and routes 4/4A, 589/590.
- Essex Ave.: Stop for Richmond Hill GO Station. Connections to routes 4/4A, 82, 86, 240, 241, 242, 243, 589/590.
- Bayview Ave.: Connections to routes 4/4A, 91/91A/91B/91E, 589/590.
- Leslie St.: Connections to routes 4/4A, 90, 243.
- Woodbine Ave.: Connections to routes 4/4A, 24D/224B/224D.
- Angus Glen Community Centre: Connections to routes 18, 68B.
- McCowan Rd.: Connection to route 129A.
- 16th/Cornell Centre
- Markham-Stouffville Hospital: Eastern terminus. Connections to Viva Purple and routes 1, 9, 16, 18, 201, 303, 522.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|