York Region Transit route 20 'Jane'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of buses used||Van Hool AG300 , New Flyer D40LF/R , Van Hool A330 , New Flyer XD40 , Nova Bus LFS|
20 Jane is a base route operated by YRT in Vaughan and Toronto, ON.
Route 20 serves Jane St. between Teston Rd. and Steeles Ave.
This route has 1 branch:
- 20 Teston Road - Pioneer Village Terminal
Under Vaughan Transit, Jane Street only had transit service south of Langstaff Road, which was operated by the TTC's route 35D Jane. YRT extended route 4 Major Mackenzie south on Jane to meet 35D at Langstaff in 2001.
- October 23, 2004 - YRT introduced a thorough service along Jane in the form of route 20 'Jane-Concord'. When introduced, it had full, 7 day a week service.
- September 2005 - Route 4 was cut back to end by looping along Melville.
- November 6, 2008 - Route 20 was affected by the York University strike between November 6, 2008 and January 29, 2009.
- September 2010 - Route 20 was declared accessible.
- April 22, 2012 - Another branch of route 20 was created for weekends/holidays which bypasses the detour at the Jane/Langstaff industrial area.
- June 30, 2013 - The Melville portion of route 20 was eliminated, replaced by new route 26 Maple Local. In addition, buses no longer enter the bus loop at Canada's Wonderland, instead serving the park from Jane St. Finally, route 20 was renamed to "Jane".
- August 31, 2014 - The branch of route 20 providing direct service on Jane St. was rebranched route 20A.
- June 26, 2016-Service was discontinued on route 20, and route 20A was rebranched to route 20 as a result. The limited service via Creditstone Road was also discontinued at this time.
- December 2017 - With the opening of the Line 1 subway extension to Vaughan, route 20 was rerouted to end at Pioneer Village Terminal. Southbound trips before 2pm serve York University before returning to Pioneer Village Terminal, while northbound trips after 2pm loop through York University before returning to Pioneer Village Terminal to head northbound. Route 20 was also diverted into Highway 407 Station and SmartCentres Place. With the large amount of traffic expected after the opening of the subway, YRT converted a number of Van Hool AG300 buses from Viva service to operate on route 20.
- April 2018 - Further changes were made to the new subway routing. All southbound trips serve Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station while northbound trips bypass via Jane. Southbound trips started serving Pioneer directly via Jane and Steeles, while return trips changed routing between York University Station and Pioneer via Ian Macdonald Blvd. and Northwest Gate.
- September 2, 2018 - the route was restructured to discontinue direct service to York University, with service terminating at Pioneer Village Terminal.
|Mosque Gate @ Teston Rd.||20||Northern terminus.|
|Jane St. @ Major Mackenzie Dr.||20||Connection to route 4/4A.|
|Vaughan Mills Terminal||20||Serves Bay 4 southbound and Bay 6 northbound. Connections to routes 4, 12, 21, 26, 85/85C, 87, 360, 560, 561, 760.|
|SmartCentres Place||20||Connection to Line 1 and routes 10, 26, 77, 501, and Viva Orange.|
|Highway 407 Station||20|
|Pioneer Village Station||20||Southern terminus. Connection to routes 3, 96, 107/107B, 165/165F.|
|Mosque Gate @ Teston Rd.||20||20||20||20||20A|
|Jane St. @ Major Mackenzie Dr.||20||20||20||20||20A|
|Vaughan Mills Terminal||20||20||20||20||20A|
|Locke St. @ Creditstone Rd.||20|
|Jane St. @ Courtland Ave.||20||20||20||20||20A|
|Edgeley Blvd. @ Highway 7||20||20|
|Highway 407 Station||20|
|Jane St. @ Steeles Ave.||20||20||20||20||20A|
|Pioneer Village Station||20|
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|