York Region Transit route 16 '16th Ave'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of buses used||New Flyer D40LF/R , New Flyer XD40 , Nova Bus LFS , E-Z Rider II/BRT/MAX , Orion V|
|Division||Southeast (Richmond Hill, Markham)|
16 16th Ave is a base route operated by YRT in Vaughan, Richmond Hill, and Markham, ON.
Route 16 mainly serves 16th Ave.
This route has 1 branch:
- 16 Bathurst Street - Markham-Stouffville Hospital
This route serves the Patterson and Cornell communities. It also serves St. Brother Andre Catholic High School and Cornell Community Centre.
Route 16 was created from the 2013 Annual Service Plan, which restructured the Rutherford/16th Ave. corridor in order to increase reliability of service.
The east half of route 85 was renumbered to this current route. Route 85A became the new 85 Rutherford, providing service between Napa Valley and Yonge St., with service operated by Southwest Division. Route 85B was discontinued, and service in the Vellore Woods community was replaced by new route 21. Service in the Beaver Creek Business Park was replaced by the reinstated route 244.
Route 16 is primarily a 40ft route, and uses New Flyer D40LF/D40LFR, New Flyer XD40, and Nova Bus LFS. Rarely, 30ft E-Z Rider II/BRT/MAX may be found during weekday evenings and 40ft Orion V may be found during early weekday mornings.
- Lebovic Campus Dr.: Western terminus. Connections to routes 23, 88.
- Bathurst St.: Connections to routes 23, 85/85C, 88.
- Yonge St.: Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A and routes 85/85C, 86, 99.
- Leslie St.: Connections to routes 90/90B, 244.
- Woodbine Ave.: Connection to route 24.
- Warden Ave.: Connection to route 68B.
- McCowan Rd.: Connections to routes 129A, 304.
- Main St. Markham: Connections to routes 41, 102D, 201.
- Markham-Stouffville Hospital: Eastern terminus. Connections to Viva Purple and routes 1, 9, 18, 25, 201, 303, 522.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|