York Region Transit route 165 'Weston'
|Number of Branches||3|
|Types of buses used||New Flyer D40LF/R , New Flyer XD40 , Van Hool A330 , Nova Bus LFS|
165 Weston is a bus route operated by York Region Transit in Vaughan, ON.
Routes 165/165F serve Weston Road between Steeles Avenue West and Canada Drive.
This route has 3 branches:
- 165 Pioneer Village Terminal - Canada's Wonderland (Weekends/holidays, May to October)
- 165 Pioneer Village Terminal - Major Mackenzie and Highway 400 (Daily November to April, Weekdays May to October)
- 165F Pioneer Village Terminal - Canada Drive (Weekday rush hours only)
These routes combined serve the Woodbridge and Vellore Woods communities. They also serve Pioneer Village Station, York University, Colossus Centre, St. Jean de Brebeuf Catholic High School, Vellore Village Community Centre, Highway 400 Carpool Lot, and Canada's Wonderland.
Service was contracted out to the Toronto Transit Commission by Vaughan Transit. This involved TTC operating the buses and collecting the fares, but Vaughan Transit paying for any losses in running the service. A TTC fare was required for passengers traveling south of Steeles Avenue West, but only a Vaughan fare was required if the entire trip was north of Steeles Avenue. When Vaughan Transit was acquired by York Region Transit, the contract was picked up as well, with similar conditions.
Service on 165D operated to an off-street loop at Rutherford Road. In 2002, service was further extended to a new off-street loop at Major Mackenzie Drive. In 2003, service was extended during summer weekends into Canada's Wonderland, as route 165A.
In September 2005, another new branch was added, route 165F, which also operated to Major Mackenzie. However, it looped via the off-street loop, Major Mackenzie Drive West, Vellore Woods and Ashberry Boulevard. Eventually the looping was expanded north in 2008 to cover Cityview Boulevard and Canada Drive
A new branch was created in May 2008, route 165G, operating during peak periods as an extension of route 165D east to the Major Mackenzie and Highway 400 carpool lot. All 165D trips were extended to the carpool lot in 2010.
Routes 165C, 165D, and 165F were declared fully accessible in February 2012.
As part of a reorganization of route branch designations, northbound service to Canada's Wonderland is changed from 165A to 165C.
With the opening of the Line 1 subway extension to Vaughan in December 2017, TTC service north of Steeles Avenue was eliminated, and YRT began operating the route as 165/165F Weston. YRT buses operate over the previous route south to Steeles Avenue West, then operate east to Pioneer Village Terminal. Southbound trips before 2pm serve York University before returning to Pioneer Village Terminal, while northbound trips after 2pm loop through York University before returning to Pioneer Village Terminal to head northbound. On September 2, 2018, the route was restructured to discontinue direct service to York University, with service terminating at Pioneer Village Terminal.
- Pioneer Village Terminal: Southern terminus. Connection to routes 3, 20 and 107/107B.
- Highway 7: Connection to routes 77/77A and Viva Orange.
- Portage Parkway: Connection to route 10 Woodbridge.
- Rutherford Road: Connection to route 85 Rutherford.
- Ashberry Boulevard/Davos Rd: Connection to route 21.
- Canada Drive/Cityview Boulevard: Northern terminus for branch 165F. Connection to route 21.
- Highway 400 Carpool Lot: Northern terminus for branch 165 for most of the year. Connection to route 4A.
- Canada's Wonderland: Northern terminus for branch 165 during summer season. Serves Bay 3. Connection to route 760.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|