York Region Transit route 102D 'Markham Rd.'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of buses used||Orion VII , Orion VII NG|
For detailed information about service south of Steeles, see the TTC route history for 102 Markham Rd.
Route 102D serves Markham Road between Steeles Avenue East and Major Mackenzie Drive.
This route has 1 branch:
- 102D Warden Station - Major Mackenzie Drive
Service was contracted out to the Toronto Transit Commission by York Region Transit. This involved TTC operating the buses and collecting the fares, but YRT paying for any losses in running the service. A TTC fare was required for passengers travelling south of Steeles Avenue East, but only a YRT fare was required if the entire trip was north of Steeles Avenue.
Route 102D is currently one of two routes (the other being route 37D) YRT contracted out to the TTC. All other TTC routes operating north of Steeles Avenue had pre-existing contracts inherited from Vaughan or Markham Transits.
Service along Markham Road was previously provided by Markham Transit route 9, operating during weekday peak periods only between McCowan/Steeles and Anderson Ave. It was expanded to 6 days a week service in May 2002.
A new branch of route 102 was created in September 2002, and operated to Major Mackenzie Drive. This overtook the service on route 9, which was promptly eliminated. Route 102D buses looped in a parking lot just east of Highway 48 on Major Mackenzie Drive. Northbound buses run along Anderson Avenue (parts of it now renamed Bur Oak Avenue and Castlemore Drive). Service has not changed much since it was first operated, other than adding more service. Sunday service was added in January 2006.
In late 2007, service was cut back to loop at Anderson Avenue as the parking lot on Major Mackenzie Drive had become unusable.
Route 102D was declared fully accessible in December 2012.
Route 102D was extended back to Major Mackenzie Drive and looped via Castlemore Avenue, Mingay Avenue and Major Mackenzie Drive on May 10, 2015.
- Warden Station: Southern terminus.
- Steeles Avenue East: Start/end of York Region fare zone. Connections to routes 2 Miliken, 203 Miliken GO Shuttle.
- Highway 7: Connections to Viva Purple and routes 1 Highway 7, 522 Markham Community Bus.
- 16th Avenue: Stop for St. Brother Andre Catholic High School. Connections to routes 16 16th Avenue, 41 Markham Local, 201 Markham GO Shuttle.
- Mingay Avenue/Castlemore Avenue: Stop for Bur Oak Secondary School. Connection to route 45 Mingay
- Major Mackenzie Drive/Mingay Avenue: Northern Terminus. Connections to routes 25 Major Mackenzie and 45 Mingay.
|Morning Peak||Midday||Afternoon Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early Morning||Morning||Afternoon||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early Morning||Morning||Afternoon||Early Evening||Late Evening|
|102D||20||30||20||30||Not operated.||60||50||Not operated.||60||50||Not operated.|