York Region Transit Westmount Collegiate School Specials
Westmount Collegiate Institute is a secondary school located at 1000 New Westminster Drive, at the northwest corner of New Westminster Drive and Bathurst Street in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada. It is served by 1 school special, 1 Viva route, and 4 local YRT routes.
- 3 Thornhill - Regular trips service the YRT stops on New Westminster Drive which is directly outside the school.
- 23 Thornhill Woods - Trips service the YRT stop on Bathurst Street and New Westminster Drive, which is within walking distance of the school.
- 88 Bathurst - Regular trips service the YRT stop on Bathurst Street and New Westminster Drive, which is within walking distance of the school.
- TTC 160 Bathurst North - Regular trips service the YRT stops on New Westminster Drive, which is directly outside the school.
- Viva Orange - Regular Viva trips serve the Atkinson VIVAstation at Bathurst Street and Atkinson Avenue, which is within walking distance of the school.
470 Westmount Collegiate School Special via Thornhill Woods
|Number of Branches
|Types of buses used
|Southwest (Can-Ar Vaughan)
470 Westmount Collegiate School Special via Thornhill Woods is a school special bus route operated by York Region Transit in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada.
AM: The bus begins the trip at Dimarino Drive and Lady Fenyrose Avenue. It then operates through the Patterson and Thornhill Woods communities via north on Lady Fenyrose Avenue, east on Teston Road, south on Via Romano Boulevard and Ilan Ramon Boulevard, west on Lebovic Campus Drive, south on Thomas Cook Avenue and Thornhill Woods Drive, west on Autumn Hill Boulevard, south on Pleasant Ridge Avenue, east on Maple Sugar Lane, south on Thornhill Woods Drive, east on Highway 7, south on Bathurst Street, and west on Centre Street to terminate at Promenade Terminal.
PM: The bus follows the reverse AM routing and terminates at Teston Road and Via Romano Boulevard.
- May 3, 2021 - Route 470 is introduced in May 2021 as a replacement for the midday school tripper on route 23. Service operates between Promenade Terminal and Major Mackenzie Drive West. Route officially begins service for the 2021-2022 school season on September 9, 2021.
- September 13, 2021 - Service is extended north of Major Mackenzie Drive to Teston Road via Ilan Ramon Boulevard and Via Romano Boulevard looping via Dimarino Drive, Lady Fenyrose Avenue, and Teston Road. A new morning southbound trip is introduced operating from Teston Road to Promenade Terminal.
- May 1, 2022 - Route is modified to operate on Autumn Hill Boulevard and Pleasant Ridge Avenue to shorten the walking distance to Stephen Lewis Secondary School.
|Bathurst St. @ Atkinson Ave.
|Pleasant Ridge Ave. @ Autumn Hill Blvd.
|Thornhill Woods Dr. @ Rutherford Rd.
|Ilan Ramon Blvd. @ Major Mackenzie Dr. West
|Teston Rd. @ Via Romano Blvd.