York Region Transit Pierre Elliott Trudeau School Specials
Pierre Elliott Trudeau High School is a secondary school located at 90 Bur Oak Avenue, east of Kennedy Road, in Markham, Ontario, Canada. It is directly served by 4 routes (2 of them a school special). Since the school is home to the French-immersion Program, it draws students from outside the school boundaries as well as inside their own boundary.
- 8 Kennedy - Regular trips directly serve the high school.
- 18 Bur Oak - Regular trips directly serve the high school.
- Mobility On-Request Bur Oak - Services the YRT stops directly outside the school.
AM: One trip departs Markham-Stouffville Hospital and operates via Bur Oak Avenue serving the school and terminating at the Angus Glen Community Centre. The route also serves Bur Oak Secondary School.
PM: One trip departs from Angus Glen Community Centre and passes by the school via Bur Oak Avenue before serving Markham-Stouffville Hospital and terminating at Kenilworth Gate.
418 Pierre Elliott Trudeau School Special
|Number of Branches
|Types of buses used
|New Flyer D40LF/R , New Flyer XD40
|Southeast (Markham AM, Richmond Hill PM)
418 Pierre Elliott Trudeau School Special is school special bus route operated by York Region Transit in Markham, Ontario, Canada.
AM: This route originates at Victoria Square Boulevard and Stony Hill Boulevard. It then operates via Stony Hill Boulevard, Hazelton Avenue, Major Mackenzie Drive, Woodbine Avenue, Rodick Road, 16th Avenue, Kennedy Road, and Bur Oak Avenue to the school.
PM: It generally operates reverse routing and fully completes the loop via Victoria Square Boulevard, Stony Hill Boulevard, and Hazelton Avenue to terminate at Major Mackenzie Drive.
- September 8, 2009 - Route 418 is introduced for the 2009 school season after school bus service was cancelled to the Cachet and Cathedraltown neighbourhoods.
- September 28, 2009 - Morning service routing is modified to operate via east on Major Mackenzie Drive East, south on William Berczy Boulevard, and west on Bur Oak Avenue to the school. The afternoon routing is unchanged.
- January 4, 2010 - Route is extended north along Woodbine Avenue from Rodrick Road to Stony Hill Boulevard to serve the Cathedraltown neighbourhood.
- September 1, 2013 - Due to construction on the Warden Avenue Road Improvements, the 2013 school season had the routing modified operate via Kennedy Road instead of Warden Avenue.
|Victoria Square Blvd. @ Stony Hill Blvd.
|Woodbine Ave. @ Rodick Rd.
|Warden Ave. @ Major Mackenzie Dr. East
|Pierre Elliott Trudeau High School