Winnipeg Electric Company
Winnipeg Electric Company (WECo) was the transit provider to the city of Winnipeg from April 5, 1924 until May 29, 1953 when it became Greater Winnipeg Transit Commission. It became a subsidiary of WECo in 1953 and was briefly called Greater Winnipeg Transit Company from February 1, 1953 to May 29, 1953.
Service was previously provided by the Winnipeg Electric Railway Company.
Electric Trolley Bus Roster
- Began - November 21, 1938
- Ended - October 30, 1970
|Fleet Number Range||Thumbnail||Year||Manufacturer||Model Number||Motors||Notes|
|1500-1510 (even #'s)||1938||Mack||CR3S|
|1512-1528 (even #'s)||1939||Mack||CR3S|
|1534-1542 (even #'s)||1943||Mack||CR3S|
|1544-1558 (even #'s)||1945||Pullman-Standard||44AS|
|1600-1648 (even #'s)||1947||CC&F||T-44|
|1650-1686 (even #'s)||1947||CC&F||T-44|
|1688-1726 (even #'s)||1948-49||CC&F||T-44|
|1728-1746 (even #'s)||1949||CC&F||T-48|
|1748-1806 (even #'s)||1950||CC&F||T-48A||1768 to Manitoba Transit Heritage Association|