Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority route J9 'I-270 Express'
|Route Type||Non-regional - Express|
|AM Peak Buses Deployed||5|
|PM Peak Buses Deployed||6|
|Weekday Average Ridership||470 (FY'12)|
J9 I-270 Express is a bus route operated by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.
This is a north-south route running in the State of Maryland. This is a peak period only route running in the peak direction. Morning service runs southbound to Bethesda Station while afternoon service runs to Lakeforest Transit Center.
Major route stops
- Lakeforest Transit Center
- Route 124 Park & Ride Lot
- National Institutes of Health
- Naval Medical Center
- Medical Center Station
- Battery Lane
- Bethesda Station (MetroRail)
Boarding and alighting restrictions
Southbound service; boarding is only possible at Lakeforest Transit Center, any stop on Montgomery Village Avenue and the Route 124 Park & Ride Lot. Local service is provided between Rockville Pike & South Drive and Bethesda Station.
Local service is available between Bethesda Station and Rockville Pike & Wood Road. Drop off service is provided from Route 124 Park & Ride Lot onwards to Lakeforest Transit Center.
- 2010 Bus Fleet Plan Final Report July 22, 2010, Pgs25-29, wmata.com, retrieved 14-01-2011
- FY12 MetroBus Weekday Average Ridership, wmata.com, retrieved 12-10-2012