Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority route J5 'Twinbrook / Silver Spring'
|Route Type||Non-regional - Express|
|AM Peak Buses Deployed||3|
|PM Peak Buses Deployed||3|
|Weekday Average Ridership||320 (FY'12)|
J5 Twinbrook - Silver Spring is a bus route operated by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.
This is an east-west route running in the State of Maryland. Service only runs on weekdays during peak hours at half hourly frequencies. Westbound service runs to Twinbrook Station with six trips in the morning and four trips in the afternoon. The final westbound afternoon service trip terminates at White Flint Mall. Eastbound service runs to Silver Spring Station with four trips in the morning and six trips in the afternoon peak.
Major route stops
- Silver Spring Station (MetroRail)
- Grosvenor-Strathmore Station (MetroRail)
- White Flint Mall
- Parklawn Building
- Twinbrook Station (MetroRail)
- 2010 Bus Fleet Plan Final Report July 22, 2010, Pgs25-29, wmata.com, retrieved 14-01-2011
- FY12 MetroBus Weekday Average Ridership, wmata.com, retrieved 12-10-2012