Visalia Transit (formerly Visalia City Coach) provides transit service to the city of Visalia, Farmersville, Goshen, and Exeter, all located in California's Central Valley. Visalia Transit operates twelve fixed routes with one of the routes offering express service to the city of Tulare, the "Visalia Towne Trolley" tourist shuttle, and the Dial-A-Ride paratransit service using cutaways. All bus operations are currently contracted to MV Transportation.
- 1 History
- 2 Routes
- 3 Fares
- 4 Facilities
- 5 Visalia Transit/Towne Trolley Fleet
- 6 All-Time Dial-A-Ride Fleet
- 7 References
- 8 External links
- Established in 1981 as Visalia City Coach.
- On April 17, 2010, this bus system was rebranded as Visalia Transit.
Maps & Schedules
Note: Bus service does not run on Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
- 1A - Downtown, Mooney Blvd., Government Plaza
- 1B - Government Plaza, Mooney Blvd., Downtown
- 2A - Downtown, Court St., Caldwell Ave., Akers St., Visalia Medical Clinic
- 2B - Visalia Medical Clinic, Akers St., Caldwell Ave., Court St., Downtown
- 3 - Houston Ave., Ben Maddox Way, Noble Ave., Lovers Ln., Santa Fe St.
- 4A - Downtown, Tulare Ave., Visalia Medical Clinic
- 4B - Visalia Medical Clinic, Tulare Ave., Downtown
- 5A - Downtown, Walnut Ave., Visalia Medical Clinic
- 5B - Visalia Medical Clinic, Walnut Ave., Downtown
- 6 - Downtown, Visalia Medical Clinic, Goshen
- 7A - Downtown, Northwest Visalia (counter-clockwise)
- 7B - Downtown, Northwest Visalia (clockwise)
- 8A - Downtown, Northeast Visalia (counter-clockwise)
- 8B - Downtown, Northeast Visalia (clockwise)
- 9 - Downtown, Farmersville, Exeter
- 11X - Tulare-Visalia Express Service
- 12 - Mooney Blvd., Caldwell Ave., Farmersville, Exeter
- 15 - Downtown, Visalia Medical Clinic, San Joaquin Valley College
Visalia Towne Trolley
- Gold Route (Mon-Sat) - Downtown, Acequia Ave., Main St.
- Red Route (Thu-Sat, only during the Visalia Rawhide home games) - Downtown, Acequia Ave., Main St., Rawhide Ball Park
Visalia Towne Trolley
25¢ per person for one ride.
Office/Visalia Transit Center
- Address: 425 E. Oak Ave., Ste. 301, Visalia, CA 93291
- E-mail: Visit http://visalia.city/depts/transportation_services/feedback.asp to submit an e-mail.
- Visalia Transit/Visalia Towne Trolley: (877) 404-6473
- Dial-A-Ride: (559) 713-4750
- Address: 525 N. Cain St., Visalia, CA 93292
- Phone: (559) 713-4757
Visalia Transit/Towne Trolley Fleet
Accurate as of 8/2020.
All-Time Dial-A-Ride Fleet
|1101-1106||2011||Ford/Elkhart Coach||E-450/ECII||Ford Triton V10 6.8L CNG||Ford TorqShift 5R110W|
|6239-6243||1995||Chevrolet/StarTrans||GP 3500 HD/Senator|
|6249-6253||2002||Ford/ElDorado National||E-450/Aerotech||Ford Triton V10 6.8L CNG||Ford 4R100|
|6277-6282||2008||Ford/Starcraft||E-450/Allstar||Ford Triton V10 6.8L CNG||Ford TorqShift 5R110W|
- Inside City Hall - Beyond the headlines Vol. 12, City of Visalia. Dated April 20, 2010, retrieved on June 13, 2016.
- Visalia 100% on board with clean burning fleet, The Foothills Sun-Gazette. Dated January 13, 2016, retrieved on June 13, 2016.
- Notice of Regular Meeting of the... (pgs. 30-31), Merced County Association of Governments. Dated April 21, 2016, retrieved on June 13, 2016.