Vancouver Trolley Company
Vancouver Trolley Company Is a former manufacturer of "Trolley" buses that is now an operator of them. They also offer coach services under the "VTC Coach Services" brand. They took over some of the assets and contracts of Perimeter Transportation after its bankruptcy in November 2008. The company was purchased by West Coast Sightseeing in 2017.
- Established in 1989 by Clasina van Bemmel.
- Originally operating 4 classic streetcar-style tour trolleys built by Oregon Classic Reproductions in Phoenix, OR.
- When Classic Reproductions went out of business, she had Sonic Engineering of Delta, BC manufacture the next 2 units. A partnership was formed: Vancouver Trolley Co. owns the marketing and design rights; Sonic owns the manufacturing rights.
- The BC vehicles were built on propane-powered Ford chassis, with roofs supplied by Whitewater Specialties of Kelowna, BC.
- In 2008, Vancouver Trolley assumed operation of the Air Canada employee shuttle service, previously operated by Perimeter Transportation. The shuttle contract ended in July 2013.
- In 2017 the company was purchased by West Coast Sightseeing. It remains to be seen if the Vancouver Trolley Company brand will last.
- Address: 875 Terminal Ave, Vancouver BC, V6A 2M9
- Phone: 604-801-5515
- Vancouver Sun - Dec.31/92 ;April 2/94; Aug. 21/94