User talk:Kevin L
- 1 Image File Name Corrections
- 2 Transitstar
- 3 MCI Coaches
- 4 Orion VII NG
- 5 Photographs
- 6 Société de transport de l'Outaouais pages
- 7 Thanks!
- 8 Guelph Transit
- 9 OC Transpo 9800series
- 10 Oakville Transit Series Pages
- 11 Canadian Armed Forces
- 12 Coach Canada 53461-53475
- 13 Woodstock 14
- 14 Duplicated work
- 15 Duplicate Page
- 16 VIN lists
- 17 More thoughts on VIN lists
- 18 Please delete page
- 19 Angel Tours 2902
- 20 Mississauga Transit route infoboxes
- 21 Capital Metro Transit 1001-1025
- 22 Checking my work to make sure I set up an li plate number correctly.
- 23 MCI Classic 'M' VINs
- 24 "Subway Stock Manufacturer" vs. "Rolling stock manufacturer".
- 25 Pictures used without permission
Image File Name Corrections
I made typos on three of my image files. Could you correct them? Thanks in advance!
File:Broward County Tranist 0816-a.jpg
File:Broward County Transit 0311-a 100312.jpg
File:Broward County Transit 1105-1a.jpg
- Corrected--Kevin L (talk) 23:27, 27 May 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you, Kevin!
Thanks!--Kevin L 13:56, 7 September 2007 (PDT)
In regards to the MCI pages you've been making...do you not think one page for 'MCI D Series', E, J, etc, would do, with subsections for each? After all, they are essentially extended or shortened versions of each other.
It seems more logical, at least to me, to have a D Series main page and have subpages for the model name changes. It makes the main D series page less cluttered and more organized and not trying to jam everything on one page. --Kevin L 21:03, 15 September 2007 (PDT)
Orion VII NG
I don't think it is necessary to create a seperate page for the NG verson of the Orion VII page. The original page was setup to include all versions of Orion VII, including the NG version. With creating the NG page it may lead to an Orion Bus Industries 'Orion 07.501', Orion Bus Industries 'Orion 07.501' NG, Orion Bus Industries 'Orion 07.502' pages etc. I don't think we have info on some of these buses to create their own pages. D40LF 05:57, 20 September 2007 (PDT)
That's fine, I understand --Kevin L 11:48, 21 September 2007 (PDT)
Please be advised that there is now a policy for the titles of photographs uploaded to the CPTDB Wiki. This is the CPTDB Wiki:Photographs. Some of your recent uploads don't meet the criteria in that they don't have the full name of the transit agency in the title. Can you please fix this? Thankyou. D40LF 21:36, 26 September 2007 (PDT)
Noted. Could you delete those recent uploads and i'll reupload them. --Kevin L 08:03, 27 September 2007 (PDT)
Done! D40LF 09:11, 27 September 2007 (PDT)
Société de transport de l'Outaouais pages
Just wondering if it might not be better to have this pages moved to one that include the full number, ie Société de transport de l'Outaouais 8301-8309 instead of Société de transport de l'Outaouais 8301-09. D40LF 13:37, 31 January 2008 (PST)
I was thinking of doing that. Should I do a redirect or a totally new page? --Kevin L 13:55, 31 January 2008 (PST)
- I would suggest to just move the old page to the new title. Then once moved check the 'What links here' option in the toolbox and then update the links. Takes a bit of work but avoids re-direcets. Once done the old page can be deleted. D40LF 15:16, 31 January 2008 (PST)
I finally got around to doing those moves, albeit in a roundabout way. Thanks for finishing the job! Orion VIII 23:19, 4 July 2008 (CDT)
Please refrain from editing the Guelph Transit Pages. It is currently a work in Progress. Thank You. 19 Hurontario 19:13, 31 July 2008 (CDT)
- I didn't see that notice until after I edited those pages. Sorry.
- Late Reply, but no need to apologize 19 Hurontario 20:54, 22 August 2008 (CDT)
OC Transpo 9800series
Are you planning on adding thumbnails to this series? :) --21c123 22:28, 15 August 2008 (EDT)
- Freshly done! --Kevin L 20:00, 18 August 2008 (CDT)
- Thanks Kevin. Nice job. --21c123 22:13, 18 August 2008 (EDT)
Oakville Transit Series Pages
Hey, Thanks for starting to do the series pages for Oakville, I was about to do them but you beat me! 19 Hurontario 20:51, 22 August 2008 (CDT)
- I was thinking about doing them a few weeks ago but forgot about them until tonight.--Kevin L 21:00, 22 August 2008 (CDT)
Canadian Armed Forces
Hey Kevin, just wondering if you were using the license plate number as the fleet number for these units? Thanks! --A. Wong 20:23, 15 September 2008 (CDT)
- Yes, since they usually lack actual fleet numbers.--Kevin L 20:26, 15 September 2008 (CDT)
Coach Canada 53461-53475
Hi Kevin, I noticed that you created a duplicate page for these buses back in December 2010. Here is the original page:
and the duplicate:
I have reinstated the original page as it is more upto date.
Also shouldn't 82823 have its own page as it is not part of that number series?
D40LF 01:12, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yes. I'm not sure why I did that. Thanks for pointing that out and correcting it.--Kevin L 01:14, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
I noticed that 04.501 had uploaded a new version of Woodstock Transit 14-a.jpg which was out of focus. He had also proposed it as a feature photo!!
I reverted the photo this morning for the roster page, which in turn caused my original to be nominated on the feature page. I thus deleted the entry.
I had been under the impression that new photos of the same vehicle were to be uploaded as -b, -c, etc versions.
Is that still the policy? If so 04.501 needs to be made aware of it. I have seen warnings to him not to upload poor photos, but it appears he still is.
Michael Taylor March 20, 2012
- Yes that is correct and he has been warned again. I have deleted the two Woodstock Transit 14-a images. --Kevin L 00:24, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
I noticed that you recently created a page listing the VIN's for the GM TA60-102N. I created a page for that info already General Motors TA60-102N production list. I would also have to take a closer look but it seems that this is not the only time a duplicate list has been created.
D40LF 23:24, 24 June 2012 (UTC)
- I wasn't aware that page exists. Would it be better to leave it with the current title and link it on the VIN project page or move it to the title with the page I created?--Kevin L 21:23, 25 June 2012 (UTC)
- I think if it is a small production of buses, like the TA60-102N, then we don't need to have the title include the VIN year code, even if the production was spread over more than year.D40LF 22:51, 25 June 2012 (UTC)
Please delete http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=VIN_check_digit
I had not realized that this info was already included in the VIN specs.
Basically a duplication of info already on the Wiki.
September 16th, 2012.
- Done--Kevin L 17:32, 16 September 2012 (UTC)
When I started to create the VIN lists I intended for them to be production lists, not including any subsequent owners if a bus was sold as this information is already listed elsewhere on the wiki. Just wondering if we therefore really do need anything in the notes section to this regard. D40LF 02:36, 18 September 2012 (UTC)
- Good point, John.
I'll clean up the Trident III list this afternoon and create roster pages for them in NYC & Chicago and add the sold to info there. 21C123 11:06 19 September 2012 (UTC)
- On second thought it does seem redundant. I 'll stop doing it and clean up pages as I edit them with new VINs.--Kevin L 22:23, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
More thoughts on VIN lists
I have been adding CTA VINs to the Wiki Roster pages and had added some of them to the VIN pages. Lots of work when they received batches of more than a 100 with consecutive numbers and the Motor Coach Age only quotes the last 8.
- What if the entry for these batches read something like:
|VIN||Build Date||Operator||Unit Number||Notes|
|6B030547-6B030731||2006||Chicago Transit Authority||1245-1429|
21C123 02:24, 20 October 2012 (UTC)
- I like this with one addition. Instead of the last few digits for the first VIN include the full VIN, ie (for example and I am just making this up)
|VIN||Build Date||Operator||Unit Number||Notes|
|5FYD2LL116B030547-6B030731||2006||Chicago Transit Authority||1245-1429|
Of course it wont work for orders that are not consecutive, like Orion!
D40LF 02:15, 20 October 2012 (UTC)
- The way I see it, constructing the table with each individual serial now saves time later when we discover the full VIN for these. I know it takes time but I feel it will pay off later. --Kevin L 13:01, 20 October 2012 (UTC)
Please delete page
Hi Kevin, can you please delete Kingston City Coach 4402-4403, 4405, 4407-4414, 4416. I have created a new page, Kingston City Coach 4401-4405, 4407-4414, 4416 that includes a couple of buses missing from the previous page. Thanks! D40LF 04:51, 17 November 2012 (UTC)
- Done!--Kevin L 21:05, 17 November 2012 (UTC)
Can you please delete Metropolitan Transportation Authority 2251-2316. The numbers for the series only go up to 2304 and here is the page, Metropolitan Transportation Authority 2251-2304. Thank You.--Stalwart23 20:35, 13 August, 2013 (UTC-7)
Can you also please delete London Transit Commission 119-132 and London Transit Commission 133-145. The correct series for these buses are as this, London Transit Commission 119-131 and London Transit Commission 132-145. Thank You.--Stalwart23 20:48, 13 August, 2013 (UTC-7)
- Done--Kevin L 17:52, 14 August 2013 (UTC)
GO Transit renumbered the 2nd series of Enviro 500s. 8100-8124 has been updated to 8101-8125
Please delete the old page: http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=GO_Transit_8100-8124
Thanks Michael Taylor 27, October 2013.
- Done--Kevin L 19:20, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
The BAT Community Collector should be deleted due to a spelling error made by another editor. I copied the entire page and pasted it onto the BAT Community Connector page. Cappy 03:17, 21 December 2013 (UTC)
- Done--Kevin L 19:00, 21 December 2013 (UTC)
Kevin, Can you please delete Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 2501-2600. This is the correct page, Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 2501-2596. Thank You.--Stalwart23 19:15, 11 April, 2014 (UTC-7).
- Done.--Kevin L 11:29, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
Angel Tours 2902I just added a photo of 2902 to the Wiki. You are the page creator and the source of VINs and License, somehow the vehicle doesn't look like a '99 to me with that front end. http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Angel_Tours_%26_Entertainment#Roster
It could be a revised front cap on an older vehicle, is it likely? 21C123 21:55, 1 October 2014. (EDT)
- It seems to be a recapped one.--Kevin L 02:42, 2 October 2014 (UTC)
Mississauga Transit route infoboxes
Hi Kevin, noticed that you changed the infobox to include the route map. While initially this is the way I wanted it as well, I realized it was better to just have the route map as a gallery because of the fact that the maps for all the routes aren't the same size and it would screw with the infobox formatting and also since I will likely be uploading past versions of the route map, for consistency. Thoughts? Silly Tilley 17:02, 4 October 2014 (UTC)
- noahrp24 was asking about how to put a map in the box. The images could maybe be set at a fixed size (300px?) and previous maps could be in a gallery?--Kevin L 03:17, 5 October 2014 (UTC)
Capital Metro Transit 1001-1025
Thanks for creating those Gillig Phantom pages, but 1001-1025 being from 1984 is incorrect. I have 2 Gillig Phantom production lists (one from early 1994 and one from mid-1999) and they both say that 1001-1025 are from February 1985.
-Detroit Diesel 6V92TA
- Corrected. Thanks!--Kevin L 02
- 42, 13 December 2015 (UTC)
Checking my work to make sure I set up an li plate number correctly.
I just added a license plate a little while ago to Niagara_Frontier_Transportation_Authority_1601-1624 and noticed that I had a red link, since there's no page created yet for that series of New York plates.
Did I set it up correctly, in hopes of making it easier for editors specializing in that section of the wiki?
Please let me know if I missed something. Thanks.
- Seems ok. May want to add #AX8936 after the AX8 so it scrolls to that line when the page is setup.--Kevin L (talk) 02:29, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
MCI Classic 'M' VINs
I've come across a source that has a list of MCI Classics built for Connecticut Transit for 1991, and there is a confliction for buses 9196-9188 (M3000253-255) and STCUQ 9112-9114. Have you (or someone) done a visual confirmation on those buses, or are you not sure?
Thanks, LegoNovaLFS2001 - 17:24 (EST) 11 December 2017.
- Both www.busfanplace.com list and the list here suggest STCUQ 9112-9114. Not I or anyone I know have done a visual confirmation though.--Kevin L (talk) 00:01, 13 December 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you for the lists. I've found that the reference I had used had typos; M digit was actually N.
Thanks, LegoNovaLFS2001 - 14:30 (EST) 13 December 2017.
"Subway Stock Manufacturer" vs. "Rolling stock manufacturer".
I came across these two categories that I find pretty similar and am curious about it being wise to consolidate them into one for simplicity?
[[Category:Subway Stock Manufacturer]] [[Category:Rolling stock manufacturer]]
Being that you're a very visible editor, I'd like to ask for advise before starting some sort of edit war between people that created the categories in the first place.
- Sure. I think they are similar enough to combine them.--Kevin L (talk) 19:47, 3 March 2018 (UTC)
- Which would you recommend? I think the "Rolling stock manufacturer" would encompass vehicles like LIRR, MNR, SEPTA and NJ Transit.
- "Rolling stock manufacturer"--Kevin L (talk) 20:45, 3 March 2018 (UTC)