User talk:Detroit Diesel 6V92TA
Movement of month before year on rosters
I'm attempting to understand your movement of the month from the tail of the date to the front. It makes the table unsortable when you'd like to sort the table according to year, especially when a fleet's numbers are repeated or out of sequence.
I've checked the mos for the correct procedure, and haven't found a specified way of doing so.
I've found this especially helpful when looking for gaps in purchases for larger agencies.
--Map.man 16:46, 8 February 2015 (UTC)
- I've tried a sort (the old way) and found that years do not fall into place, as you may think.
- I'd like to bring this up as possible change to the mos of the section for rosters. I think it would clean up the articles since I can assume that most would look to the build year before looking for the month that the bus was delivered. In addition, most entries for delivery years *should* (but not in all cases) provide a delivery year, especially before it would have a month.
- --Map.man 17:59, 8 February 2015 (UTC)
- The majority of the rosters barely show the month in the column, which is kind of difficult to read if there is sometimes a month, but almost always a year present in the column.
- As for the sorting working, which article are you referring to? The way I understand the sorting mechanism, the start of the field begins the sorting, like alphabetically sorting.
- --Map.man 18:24, 8 February 2015 (UTC)
- You've brought up an excellent table to use. If you took the table, hit the "sort" function at the top of the column, the first entry is a bus built in 1973 (passing all those that were built in the 1960's). IF the year was listed first, it would fall in order where it should be, according to the sort requested. As a matter of fact, all months would precede the entries that are showing "year only".
- --Map.man 23:26, 8 February 2015 (UTC)
I also thought that they had 4 buses as well. However, when I saw the information you put in for 003, it didn't match the information I had of it. So I did a little digging around and I found this auction for 005: http://www.westauction.com/auction/1380/item/105529 (004 is also in there as well). So it turns out that they had 5 buses.
Cappy 18:12, 12 September 2015 (UTC)
Deleting build dates and model numbers
My apologies about deleting the build dates. I was working off an official fleet roster for Madison County, which has a column titled "DATE IN SERV" which looked like they matched up with the build dates you had originally put on. I assumed the person who originally put the VINs used this as the "build date", and I wanted to remove what I had assumed to be incorrect information (as the date the bus enters revenue service isn't the same date it gets built). Never seen a builder's plate that was specific enough to show a day (usually just month/year), especially considering buses take more than one day to manufacture.
Anyway just wanted to explain my train of thought. Thanks for clarifying where you got your build dates from, and adding them back on. Won't touch anything related to build dates for future edits. --ArticulatedTalkContrib 01:40, 2 June 2016 (UTC)