Toronto Transit Commission route 900 'Airport Express'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Distance||13.86km (Kipling Station - Pearson Airport)|
|Blue Night||300A Bloor-Danforth|
|Types of vehicles used||Orion VII , Nova Bus LFS|
900 Airport Express is an express bus route operated by the Toronto Transit Commission in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
This route connects Kipling Station and Toronto Pearson International Airport via Highway 427. It services Dundas Street West, Highway 427 and Dixon Road, making express stops along the route at The East Mall, Jetliner Road, Terminal 1, and Terminal 3. Its southern terminal is Kipling Station and the northern terminal is Pearson International Airport for its one branch, 900.
This route has 1 branch:
- 900 Kipling Station - Pearson Airport
- February 13, 2000 - Route is introduced providing express service between Kipling Station and Pearson Airport Terminals 2 and 3 via Highway 427.
- April 6, 2004 - Route is extended to serve the new Terminal 1 at Pearson Airport. In order, buses serve Terminal 1 Departures, Terminal 2 Arrivals, then Terminal 3 Departures.
- November 21, 2004 - Moved to Queensway Division.
- February 2, 2007 - Service to Pearson Airport Terminal 2 is discontinued.
- August 2, 2009 - Route is made bike rack equipped.
- November 2, 2009 - Due to safety concerns operating on the highway with standing passengers, the northbound routing is modified to operate via Highway 27 and Dixon Road.
- December 23, 2012 - New express stop added at Jetliner Road south of Airport Road.
- January 2013 - 12 Orion VIIs (8000-8011) are equipped with luggage racks for operation exclusively on route 192.
- February 17, 2013 - In order to speed up service to Pearson Airport, the northbound routing is reverted to operate via Highway 427 instead of Highway 27 and Dixon Road.
- September 6, 2015 - Route is added to the Ten Minute Network. All service will operate at intervals of ten minutes or better whenever the subway is open.
- November 18, 2018 - With the implementation of the TTC's express network, this route is renamed from 192 Airport Rocket to 900 Airport Express.
Overnight service is provided by 300A Bloor-Danforth except on Dundas Street West, where no overnight service is provided. This route, however, operates until 1:00 AM every day.
Buses that can appear on 900 Airport Express include Orion VII . 8000-8011 have special luggage racks installed and are wrapped for Airport Express service. Rarely, Nova Bus LFS can be found on this route.
Previous route maps
|Weekday AM Peak||12||3|
|Weekday PM Peak|
|Weekday Early Evening||10||4|
|Weekday Late Evening||10||4||After 12:00 midnight|
|Saturday Early Morning||10||4|
|Saturday Early Evening||8:30||4|
|Saturday Late Evening||10||4||After 12:00 midnight|
|Sunday Early Morning||Route does not operate.|
Service provided by 300A Bloor-Danforth.
|Sunday Early Evening||8:30||5|
|Sunday Late Evening||10||4||After 12:00 midnight|
|Last updated: October 17, 2020|