Toronto Transit Commission route 32 'Eglinton West'
|Number of Branches||3|
|Distance||17.37km (Eglinton Station - Renforth Station)|
10.44km (Eglinton Station - Jane & Lawrence)
6.70km (Eglinton West Station - Jane & Emmett)
|Blue Night||332 Eglinton West|
|Types of vehicles used||Orion VII NG HEV , Orion VII HEV|
32 Eglinton West is a bus route operated by the Toronto Transit Commission in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
This route mainly services Eglinton Avenue West between Yonge Street and Mississauga Transitway's Renforth Gateway Station just west of Renforth Drive. It also provides service on Trethewey Drive between Eglinton Avenue West and Jane Street and Emmett Avenue. Eastern terminals include Eglinton Station for 32A and 32C, and Eglinton West Station for 32D. Western terminals include Renforth Gateway Station for 32A, Jane & Lawrence for 32C, and Jane & Emmett for 32D.
Peak-period tripper branch 32F provides service between Eglinton West Station and York Memorial CI at the intersection of Royal York Road and Trehorne Drive.
- February 18, 2002 - Branch 32B to Renforth or Renforth & Skymark are both redesignated 32. At the request of Mississauga Transit, the new 32B branch is extended west to provide new service to the Airport Corporate Centre looping via Spectrum Way, Eglinton Avenue East, Matheson Boulevard, Tech Avenue, Creekbank Road, and Matheson Boulevard East.
- January 5, 2004 - At the request of Mississauga Transit, a two-fare service is implemented on branch 32B. An extra Mississauga Transit fare of $2.25 is required west of Skymark Avenue and Explorer Drive.
- September 4, 2005 - Branch 32 to Renforth & Skymark is redesignated 32A to differentiate from the service operating to Renforth Loop.
- May 11, 2008 - Route made accessible.
- November 23, 2008 - New service is added on the 32D branch during evenings and weekends. Moved to newly-opened Mount Dennis Division from Wilson and Queensway divisions.
- October 12, 2010 - At the request of Mississauga Transit, branch 32B to Airport Corporate Centre is discontinued.
- May 8, 2011 - Due to system-wide service cuts, service is removed on the 32D branch after 10pm on weekdays and Saturdays, and after 7pm on Sundays and Holidays. Service is also removed on the 32A branch during the daytime on Saturdays.
- June 22, 2014 - Due to a system-wide reorganization of route branch designations, branch 32 to Renforth is redesignated 32B.
- August 31, 2014 - Renforth Loop will be demolished due to construction of the new Mississauga Transitway. Branch 32B to Renforth is eliminated and service reallocated to branch 32A.
- September 6, 2015 - Service after 10pm on weekdays and Saturdays, and after 7pm on Sundays and Holidays restored on the 32D branch.
- November 23, 2017 - 32A branch is rerouted to serve new Renforth Gateway Station along the Mississauga Transitway.
- January 6, 2020 - A new peak-period branch designated 32F is introduced providing service between Eglinton West Station and York Memorial CI.
Previous route maps
This route has three main branches and one peak-period tripper branch:
- 32A Eglinton Station - Renforth Station
- 32C Eglinton Station - Jane & Lawrence via Trethewey
- 32D Eglinton West Station - Jane & Emmett
- 32F Eglinton West Station - York Memorial CI (tripper)
Overnight Service is provided by 332 Eglinton West on Eglinton Avenue West between Renforth Drive and Yonge Street. The rest of the route does not have overnight service, however, the route operates until 1:00 AM every day.