Toronto Transit Commission route 169 'Huntingwood'
|Number of Branches||2|
|Distance||14.20km (Don Mills Stn - Scarborough Centre Stn via Van Horne)|
12.08km (Don Mills Stn - Scarborough Centre Stn)
|Types of vehicles used||Nova Bus LFS HEV , Orion VII NG HEV|
169 Huntingwood is a bus route operated by the Toronto Transit Commission in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
This route services Huntingwood Drive between Victoria Park Avenue and Commander Boulevard. It also provides service on Van Horne Avenue east of Don Mills Road, Sheppard Avenue East between Don Mills Road and Victoria Park Avenue, Commander Boulevard, and McCowan Road between Commander Boulevard and Triton Road. Its western terminal is Don Mills Station and the eastern terminal is Scarborough Centre Station for both branches, 169A and 169B. Branch 169B only operates during rush hours on weekdays.
This route has 2 branches:
- 169A Don Mills Station - Scarborough Centre Station via Van Horne
- 169B Don Mills Station - Scarborough Centre Station
- May 12, 2002 - Route number is changed from 139 Huntingwood to 169 Huntingwood.
- November 24, 2002 - With the opening of the new Sheppard subway, buses now operate to Don Mills Station instead of Sheppard-Yonge Station.
- November 23, 2008 - Moved to Eglinton Division. Route made accessible. Service is expanded to operate whenever the subway is open with the new 169A branch operating via Van Horne Avenue.
- May 8, 2011 - Due to system-wide service cuts, service is removed after 10pm on weekdays, after 7pm on Saturdays, and all day on Sundays and Holidays.
- September 2, 2012 - Moved to Wilson Division.
- June 22, 2014 - Due to a system-wide reorganization of route branch designations, branch 169 to Scarborough Centre Station is redesignated 169B.
- September 6, 2015 - Service after 10pm on weekdays, after 7pm on Saturdays, and all day on Sundays and Holidays is restored.
- April 1, 2018 - Due to low ridership, late evening service after 10pm is eliminated on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays.
- March 28, 2021 - This route was transferred to Malvern upon the opening of the brand new McNicoll Division.
Overnight service is not provided, however, this route operates until 1:00 AM Monday to Friday.
Previous route maps
|Sheppard Ave. E. @ Willowdale Ave.||169|
|Sheppard Ave. E. @ Bayview Ave.||169|
|Sheppard Ave. E. @ Leslie St.||169|
|Sheppard Ave. E. @ Don Mills Rd.||169|
|Don Mills Station||169||169A||169B|
|Don Mills Rd. @ Van Horne Ave.||169A|
|Van Horne Ave. @ Victoria Park Ave.||169A|
|Sheppard Ave. E. @ Victoria Park Ave.||169||169||169B|
|Victoria Park Ave. @ Huntingwood Dr.||169||169||169A||169B|
|Huntingwood Dr. @ Warden Ave.||169||169||169A||169B|
|Huntingwood Dr. @ Birchmount Rd.||169||169||169A||169B|
|Huntingwood Dr. @ Kennedy Rd.||169||169||169A||169B|
|Huntingwood Dr. @ Brimley Rd.||169||169||169A||169B|
|Commander Blvd. @ McCowan Rd.||169||169||169A||169B|
|McCowan Rd. @ Nugget Ave.||169||169||169A||169B|
|McCowan Rd. @ Sheppard Ave. E.||169||169||169A||169B|
|Scarborough Centre Station||169||169||169A||169B|