South Bend Public Transportation Corporation or TRANSPO is the public transit authority for the South Bend/Mishawaka area. Formerly known as The South Bend Railway Company, it was founded May 25, 1885.
TRANSPO currently has a fleet of more than 65 transit vehicles servicing some 200 miles of bus routes. All routes offer bike rack services with the exception of the Downtown Trolley.
- In 1968, TRANSPO was formed to continue operations from the privately operated Northern Indiana Transit.
|Fare Type||Price||Fare Type||Price|
|Day Pass||$3.00||2-Week Pass||$18.00|
|31 Day Student Pass||$30.00||31 Day Adult Pass||$35.00|
Children under four with a paying passenger, students and faculty and staff of the University of Notre Dame and Saint Mary's College are eligible for free service with proper identification. Reduced fare is available to seniors, the disabled and Medicare cardholders.
Emil "Lucky" Reznik administration and maintenance facility
- Address: 1401 S. Lafayette Blvd., South Bend, IN 46601
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admin: 574-232-9901
- Info: 574-233-2131
- 1 Madison/Mishawaka
- 3A Portage
- 3B Portage
- 4 Lincolnway/Airport
- 5 North Michigan
- 6 South Michigan
- 7 Notre Dame/UP Mall
- 7A Notre Dame Midnight Express
- 8 Miami/Scottsdale
- 9 Northside/Mishawaka
- 10 Western
- 11 Southside/Mishawaka
- 12 Rum Village
- 12/14 Rum Village/Sample (combined route on Saturday)
- 13 Corby/Town & Country
- 14 Sample/Mayflower
- 15A UP Mall/Mishawka via Main
- 15B UP Mall/Mishawaka via Grape
- 16 Blackthorn Express/II - Express service to Blackthorn Industrial area (weekday AM/PM peak)
- 17 The SWEEP - Free service to University of Notre Dame and Saint Mary's with valid identification.
- 117 DTSB Game Day Express - Only runs on Notre Dame's Saturday home games.
- Downtown Trolley
The Downtown Trolley service provides access to Downtown South Bend attractions. The service runs exclusively in Downtown using American Heritage Streetcar replicas produced by Optima Bus. The replicas have a capacity of 28 seats and are compliant with the American Disabilities Act. Total service time is 30 minutes with peak time frequencies every 15 minutes. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday only from 7 AM to 9 PM.
|201-210||8/2002||Gillig||Low Floor 35'
|Cummins ISL||Voith D864.3E||201 was donated to the Penn Township Fire Department.|
|301-310||1/2003||Gillig||Low Floor 35'
|Cummins ISL||Voith D864.3E||
|401-421||4-5/2004||Gillig||Low Floor 35'
ISL G 280 hp
|Allison B400R||Delivered in late 2014.|
|2101-2109||2021||NFI||XN35||Cummins Westport L9N|
|2005||Coach and Equipment||3 units; fleet numbers unknown.|
|2009||Coach and Equipment||4 units; fleet numbers unknown.|
|2010||Coach and Equipment||2 units; fleet numbers unknown.|
|1988||Dodge||2 units; fleet numbers unknown.|
|1994||Dodge||5 units; fleet numbers unknown.|
|0512||2005||Ford/Coach and Equipment||E450 cutaway||Ford Power Stroke 6.0L Diesel|
|614-617||2006||Ford/Coach and Equipment||E450 cutaway||Ford Power Stroke 6.0L Diesel|
- TRANSPO History, sbtranspo.com, retrieved 10-10-2010
- New Facility, sbtranspo.com, retrieved 10-10-2010
- Downtown Trolley, sbtranspo.com, retrieved 10-10-2010
- Ind.'s Transpo adds first New Flyer CNG bus, metro-magazine.com, dated Sept. 19, 2014, retrieved Oct. 6, 2014
- South Bend Public Transit Exercises Options for Three 35-Foot Xcelsior CNG Buses, New Flyer Industries. Dated and retrieved on December 22, 2016.