Sudbury Junction VIA Rail station
|Address||2750 LaSalle Boulevard East|
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
|Type of Station||Manned station|
|Parking||Free & long-term|
Sudbury Junction VIA Station is a train station operated by VIA Rail Canada in the Greater Sudbury area of Sudbury Junction, ON. The station is located at the end of a dirt roadway that runs north from LaSalle Boulevard East. The station is situated approximately 10 kilometers from the City of Sudbury and no shuttle service to the city is provided.
Sudbury Junction was founded by CPR construction superintendent James Worthington and the CPR railway crew. In 1883, the first and the original Canadian Pacific Railway station and telegraph office was built at its present location. The original station building was later demolished and the present building was built.
The station features a single centre platform in between the three mainline tracks and a siding track. The station building is a single-storey wooden structure and is staffed. It also features a waiting area, telephones, bicycle box, and washrooms, and the station is wheelchair accessible. There is no formal marked parking spots but there is free, long term parking on the station premises at the owner's risk.