Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation route 830 'Downriver Park & Ride'
|Communities Served||Trenton, Riverview, Southgate, Lincoln Park, Melvindale, Detroit|
|Route Type||Park & Ride Route|
|Days of Operation||Monday-Friday peak hours|
|Vehicles Used||Gillig Low Floor 40', Gillig BRT 40' (HEV), New Flyer Industries D40LF, New Flyer Industries DE60LF|
|Vehicles at Peak||4|
|Average Daily Weekday Ridership (2018)||216|
830 Downriver Park & Ride is a park-and-ride bus route operated by the Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, United States.
This route primarily services West Road between Grange Road and West Jefferson Avenue, West Jefferson Avenue between West Road and King Road, Fort Street between King Road and the Southgate Meijer store, Trenton Road between Cambridge Street and Dix-Toledo Highway, Dix-Toledo Highway between Trenton Road and Interstate 75, Interstate 75 between Dix Highway and Michigan Avenue and Michigan Avenue between Interstate 75 and downtown Detroit. Service on this route is provided during peak/rush hours on weekdays only. This route is a park and ride route, so a $2.50 fare is required. This route only travels north to Detroit in the morning and south to Trenton in the afternoon.
- October 30, 1978 - Route introduced as a Southeastern Michigan Transportation Authority route, operating from Telegraph and Gibraltar Roads in Flat Rock to the new Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit via Gibraltar, Fort, Trenton, Dix-Toledo, I-75 and Michigan.
- January 17, 1989 - Service carried on by SMART.
- August 30, 1994 - Service modified to serve a newly-opened Meijer store on Fort in Southgate.
- May 1995 - Service south of Fort Street and Van Horn Road in Trenton is discontinued after Flat Rock and Gibraltar opt out of SMART.
- November 18, 1998 - Service modified to serve a newly-opened Super Kmart store across from Meijer on Fort in Southgate, via Pennsylvania Road.
- May 1, 2003 - Service into Super Kmart moved onto Fort due to weight limits on Pennsylvania Road.
- September 4, 2007 - Service rerouted to West and Grange via King, Jefferson and West.
- April 6, 2015 - A new park & ride lot is set up at the Southgate Meijer store, replacing the one at the Super Kmart store (which closed in October 2014).
- September 2, 2019 - A new northbound early morning trip is added, departing West & Grange at 5:29 a.m. and arriving at Larned & Saint Antoine at 6:25 a.m.
Last updated: September 2, 2019
|Frequency||Buses Used||First bus||Last bus||Notes|
|Weekday Midday||Route does not operate.|
|Weekday Evening||Route does not operate.|
|Saturday||Route does not operate.|
|Sunday||Route does not operate.|
- 830 PARK+RIDE ~ 830 TO DETROIT
- 830 PARK+RIDE ~ 830 TO TRENTON