Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation route 740 'Twelve Mile Crosstown'
|Communities Served||Roseville, Saint Clair Shores, Warren, Madison Heights, Royal Oak, Berkley, Southfield, Lathrup Village, Farmington Hills|
|Route Type||Crosstown Route|
|Days of Operation||Daily|
|Vehicles Used||Gillig BRT 40' (HEV), New Flyer Industries D40LF|
|Vehicles at Peak||6|
|Average Daily Weekday Ridership (2018)||1,225|
740 Twelve Mile Crosstown is a bus route operated by the Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, United States.
This route services 13 Mile Road between Little Mack Avenue and Harper Avenue, Harper Avenue between 13 Mile Road and 12 Mile Road, 12 Mile Road between Harper Avenue and Campbell Road, Campbell Road between 12 Mile Road and 11 Mile Road, 11 Mile Road between Campbell Road and Coolidge Highway, Coolidge Highway between 11 Mile Road and 12 Mile Road and 12 Mile Road between Coolidge Highway and Haggerty Road. This route services the OCC Orchard Ridge Campus Hub and the Royal Oak Transit Center. On Sundays only, this route short-turns at the Detroit Zoo, servicing Woodward Avenue.
- October 1, 1973 - Route introduced, operated by the Southeastern Michigan Transportation Authority through a "purchase-of-service" agreement with the Great Lakes Transit Corporation. It initially services 12 Mile Road between Royal Oak and East Jefferson Avenue.
- April 1, 1974 - SEMTA takes complete control of this route.
- Summer 1975 - Route numbered 740 by SEMTA.
- October 14, 1983 - Route discontinued.
- March 4, 1985 - Route reintroduced, now operating as far east as the Macomb Mall Hub.
- January 17, 1989 - Service carried on by SMART.
- December 11, 1995 - Route extended west from Royal Oak to Haggerty Road.
- November 27, 2006 - Short-turn Sunday service introduced.
Last updated: September 7, 2015
|Frequency||Buses Used||First bus||Last bus||Notes|
|Weekday Peak||70||6||4:40am||11:17pm||Saint Clair Shores-Farmington Hills|
|Weekday Midday||30-70||Saint Clair Shores-Farmington Hills|
|Weekday Evening||70||Saint Clair Shores-Farmington Hills|
|Saturday||60||4||4:45am||9:10pm||Saint Clair Shores-Farmington Hills|
|Sunday||60||2||7:55am||8:00pm||Saint Clair Shores-Royal Oak|