Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation route 400 'Southfield/Orchard Ridge'
|Communities Served||Southfield, Farmington Hills|
|Route Type||Community Route|
|Days of Operation||Monday-Friday|
|Vehicles Used||Gillig BRT 40' (HEV), New Flyer Industries D40LF|
|Vehicles at Peak||3|
|Average Daily Weekday Ridership (2018)||156|
400 Southfield/Orchard Ridge is a bus route operated by the Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, United States.
This route services Oakland Drive west of Orchard Lake Road, Orchard Lake Road between Oakland Drive and 11 Mile Road, 11 Mile Road between Orchard Lake Road and American Drive, American Drive between 11 Mile Road and Franklin Road, Franklin Road between American Drive and Telegraph Road, Civic Center Drive between Telegraph Road and Evergeeen Road (via Berg Road, Northwestern Highway and First Center Drive back to Civic Center Drive), Evergeeen Road between Civic Center Drive and 9 Mile Road and 9 Mile Road between Evergreen Road and Providence Drive. This route also services the Oakland Community College Orchard Ridge Campus Hub as well as OCC's Southfield location.
- July 1, 1991 - Route introduced, contracted to ATE Management & Services.
- June 9, 1994 - SMART takes over operation after privatization costs are eliminated after ATE's drivers joined the Amalgamated.
- September 5, 2017 - The Northland Center Hub closes, necessitating the elimination of the route south of JL Hudson Drive.
Last updated: June 17, 2019
|Frequency||Buses Used||First bus||Last bus||Notes|
|Weekday Evening||Route does not operate.|
|Saturday||Route does not operate.|
|Sunday||Route does not operate.|
- 400 CIVIC CTR DR (first line)/11 MILE (second line) ~ 400 TO GREENFIELD
- 400 CIVIC CTR DR ~ 400 11 MILE ~ 400 TO OCC