Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation route 275 'Telegraph'
|Communities Served||Taylor, Dearborn Heights, Dearborn, Redford Township, Detroit, Southfield, Bingham Farms, Franklin, Bloomfield Township, Waterford Township, Pontiac|
|Route Type||Crosstown Route|
|Days of Operation||Monday-Saturday|
|Vehicles Used||Gillig BRT 40' (HEV), New Flyer Industries D40LF, New Flyer Industries DE60LF|
|Vehicles at Peak||6|
|Average Daily Weekday Ridership (2018)||1,380|
275 Telegraph is a bus route operated by the Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, United States.
This route primarily services Telegraph Road between Eureka Road and Huron Street. Weekday express trips stay on Telegraph south of Goddard Road and turn east onto Eureka Road instead of turning east onto Goddard and also stay on Telegraph between Michigan Avenue and 8 Mile Road.
- April 1, 1996 - Route introduced, initially operating mostly using Gillig Phantoms, as far north as 14 Mile Road.
- November 4, 1996 - Route extended north to downtown Pontiac as a result of Bloomfield Township opting back into SMART earlier that year.
- September 4, 2007 - All trips, except for a few selected weekday rush-hour trips, are rerouted between Telegraph and Goddard and Southland Center via Goddard and Pardee Roads, replacing service on a truncated route 150.
- January 5, 2015 - Service via Civic Center Drive, Berg Road, Northwestern Highway, Lahser and 12 Mile Roads is discontinued as all trips now remain on Telegraph between Civic Center and 12 Mile. In addition, all trips operating via Telegraph and Eureka Roads between Goddard and Southland Center are converted into express trips that remain on Telegraph between Michigan Avenue and Cherry Hill Road and between 7 and 8 Mile Roads.
Last updated: June 15, 2015
|Frequency||Buses Used||First bus||Last bus||Notes|
|Sunday||Route does not operate.|
- 275 TELEGRAPH ~ 275 TO TAYLOR
- 275 TELEGRAPH EXP ~ 275 TO TAYLOR
- 275 TELEGRAPH ~ 275 TO 12 MILE (short turn)
- 275 TELEGRAPH ~ 275 TO PONTIAC ~ 275 VIA PARDEE
- 275 TELEGRAPH EXP ~ 275 TO PONTIAC