Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation route 255 'Ford Road Express'
|Communities Served||Westland, Garden City, Dearborn Heights, Dearborn, Detroit|
|Route Type||Commuter Route|
|Days of Operation||Monday-Friday peak hours|
|Vehicles Used||Gillig BRT 40' (HEV), New Flyer Industries D40LF, New Flyer Industries DE60LF|
|Vehicles at Peak||3|
|Average Daily Weekday Ridership (2018)||213|
255 Ford Road Express is a bus route operated by the Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, United States.
This route primarily services Ford Road between Justice Street and Wyoming Street with limited stops, Interstate 94 between Wyoming Street and Interstate 96 and Interstate 96 between Interstate 94 and Michigan Avenue. Service on this route is provided during peak/rush hours on weekdays only. This route only travels east to Detroit in the morning and west to Westland in the afternoon.
- March 5, 1979 - Route introduced as Southeastern Michigan Transportation Authority route 835 Ford Road Park & Ride, primarily servicing Ford Road between the Canton Meijer store and Wyoming Street, Interstate 94 between Wyoming Street and Interstate 96 and Interstate 96 between Interstate 94 and Michigan Avenue.
- January 17, 1989 - Service carried on by SMART.
- May 1995 - Service west of Justice Street is eliminated as Canton Township opts out of SMART.
- December 11, 1995 - This route was renamed to 255 Ford Road Express, eliminating the park and ride fare surcharge.
Last updated: June 17, 2019
|Frequency||Buses Used||First bus||Last bus||Notes|
|Weekday Midday||Route does not operate.|
|Weekday Evening||Route does not operate.|
|Saturday||Route does not operate.|
|Sunday||Route does not operate.|
- 255 EXPRESS ~ 255 TO DETROIT
- 255 EXPRESS ~ 255 TO TARGET
- 255 EXPRESS ~ 255 TO WESTLAND