Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation route 160 'Downriver'
|Communities Served||Taylor, Southgate, Wyandotte, Riverview, Trenton|
|Route Type||Community Route|
|Days of Operation||Monday-Saturday|
|Vehicles Used||Gillig BRT 40' (HEV), New Flyer Industries D40LF|
|Vehicles at Peak||2|
|Average Daily Weekday Ridership (2018)||153|
160 Downriver is a bus route operated by the Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, United States.
This route services Racho Road between the Southland Center Hub and Northline Road, Northline Road between Racho Road and Fort Street, Ford Avenue between Fort Street and Biddle Avenue, Biddle Avenue between Ford Avenue and Eureka Road, Eureka Road between Biddle Avenue and Trenton Road, Trenton Road between Eureka Road and Cambridge Street, Cambridge Street between Trenton Road and the Southgate Meijer store, Fort Street between the Southgate Meijer store and Sibley Road, Sibley Road between Fort Street and West Jefferson Avenue, West Jefferson Avenue between Sibley Road and West Road and West Road between West Jefferson Avenue and Grange Road. This route also services the Downriver location of Wayne County Community College District. On Saturdays only, service is only provided as far north as Biddle Avenue and Eureka Road.
- May 20, 2002 - Route introduced, replacing the Southland Center-Wyandotte-Southgate portion of route 165 and the weekday off-peak portion of route 185 in Trenton, with new service in between via Pennsylvania Road between the Southgate Super Kmart store and Biddle Avenue.
- May 1, 2003 - Service is rerouted via Fort Street and Sibley Road due to weight limits on Pennsylvania Road.
- September 4, 2007 - Weekday southbound service modified to end an hour earlier.
- September 8, 2007 - Saturday service introduced, replacing the Saturday Southgate-Wyandotte portion of route 185.
- December 12, 2011 - This route was almost affected by major service cuts on this date. It had initially been considered as one of the routes to be discontinued in the service cuts, but after complaints from residents along the route, it was spared.
- April 6, 2015 - Direct service to the former Southgate Super Kmart store (which closed in October 2014) is eliminated.
Last updated: September 7, 2015
|Frequency||Buses Used||First bus||Last bus||Notes|
|Weekday Evening||Route does not operate.|
|Sunday||Route does not operate.|
- 160 DOWNRIVER ~ 160 TO SOUTHLAND
- 160 DOWNRIVER ~ 160 TO WYANDOTTE
- 160 DOWNRIVER ~ 160 TO TRENTON