Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation route 140 'Southshore'
|Communities Served||Wyandotte, Ecorse, Lincoln Park, Allen Park, Melvindale, Dearborn|
|Route Type||Crosstown Route|
|Days of Operation||Monday-Friday|
|Vehicles Used||Gillig BRT 40' (HEV), New Flyer Industries D40LF, New Flyer Industries DE60LF|
|Vehicles at Peak||3 (interlined with route 250)|
|Average Daily Weekday Ridership (2018)||248|
140 Southshore is a bus route operated by the Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, United States.
This route services Biddle Avenue between Eureka Road and the Ecorse River, West Jefferson Avenue between the Ecorse River and Southfield Road, Southfield Road between West Jefferson Avenue and Allen Road, Allen Road between Southfield Road and Outer Drive, Outer Drive between Laurence Street and Fairlane Drive, Fairlane Drive between Outer Drive and Oakwood Boulevard, Oakwood Boulevard between Fairlane Drive and Beech Street, Beech Street between Oakwood Boulevard and Monroe Street, Monroe Street between Beech Street and Michigan Avenue and Michigan Avenue between Monroe Street and the John D. Dingell Transit Center. Most trips are interlined with route 250 at the John D. Dingell Transit Center.
- September 4, 2007 - Route introduced, replacing a large portion of route 185 along with parts of route 250.
- December 12, 2011 - Due to systemwide service cuts, weekend service is eliminated.
- April 6, 2015 - After SMART is permitted into the John D. Dingell Transit Center, route 250 replaces route 140 between the Transit Center and Fairlane Town Center. At the same time, direct service to the Henry Ford Museum is eliminated.
Last updated: June 20, 2016
|Frequency||Buses Used||First bus||Last bus||Notes|
|Weekday Peak||65||3||6:24am||8:41pm||Includes 1 Allen Park-Dearborn trip on school days only.|
|Saturday||Route does not operate.|
|Sunday||Route does not operate.|
- 140 SOUTHSHORE ~ 140 TO WYANDOTTE
- 140 SOUTHSHORE ~ 140 TO DEARBORN ~ 140 TRANSIT CENTER