Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation route 110 'West Jefferson/Biddle'
|Communities Served||Trenton, Riverview, Wyandotte, Ecorse, River Rouge, Detroit|
|Days of Operation||Monday-Friday|
|Vehicles Used||Gillig Low Floor|
|Vehicles at Peak||?|
|Average Daily Weekday Ridership (2018)||Route did not exist in 2011.|
110 West Jefferson/Biddle was a bus route operated by the Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, United States. Service formerly provided along portions of this route is currently provided by routes 125 Fort Street/Eureka Road, 140 Southshore and 160 Downriver.
At the time of discontinuation, this route travelled between West and Grange Roads in Trenton and downtown Detroit via West Road, West Jefferson Avenue, Waterman Street and West Fort Street. It operated exclusively during weekday rush hours.
- 1890 - Service begins as a Detroit Suburban Street Railway steam streetcar line operating between Wyandotte and the Rouge River along West Jefferson, where passengers would cross a bridge over the Rouge River to transfer to horse cars to downtown Detroit.
- 1892 - Service carried on by Wyandotte and Detroit River Railway, who would soon electrify the line.
- 1893 - Service extended south to Trenton.
- 1896 - New Rouge River bridge allows for through operation from Trenton to downtown Detroit.
- 1901 - Service carried on by Detroit United Railway.
- 1918 - A private jitney company begins bus service along West Jefferson intended to compete with the DUR streetcars.
- 1928 - Streetcar service south of the Rouge River ends permanently, while Eastern Michigan Motorbuses takes over bus service.
- 1941 - Service carried on by Great Lakes Greyhound Lines.
- 1958 - Service carried on by Great Lakes Transit Corporation.
- April 1, 1974 - Service carried on by Southeastern Michigan Transportation Authority, joining the Metropolitan Division.
- 1975 - Route is assigned a new three-digit route number, 110.
- January 17, 1989 - Service carried on by SMART.
- May 1995 - Weekday morning rush hour service to the Ford Woodhaven Stamping Plant is discontinued after Woodhaven opts out of SMART.
- December 11, 1995 - Weekday midday service discontinued, replaced by rerouting midday 125 trips via West Jefferson between Waterman and Outer Drive and extending midday 185 trips from Southfield Road in Ecorse to Grange Road in Trenton along West Jefferson and Biddle Avenues and West Road.
- November 22, 1998 or thereafter - Saturday service to Meijer and Super Kmart stores in Southgate from Eureka and Biddle is added.
- May 20, 2002 - Saturday service discontinued, replaced by adding Saturday service on route 185.
- September 4, 2007 - Service discontinued.
- RAIL TRANSIT IN SUBURBAN DETROIT
- Motor Coach Age October-December 2003 edition