Dartmouth Transit was the name of the public transit agency operating buses in the former city of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, from 1978-1980.
The first transit system in Dartmouth was operated by Bell Buses Ltd from 1921-1957. Bell Buses Ltd. operated an unknown number of Reo HT96 transit buses throughout downtown Dartmouth and its suburbs, including Shannon Park, Notting Park and Eastern Passage. Bell Buses Ltd sold their transit system and Reo buses to Dartmouth Transit Service Buses Ltd in 1957. DTS Buses Ltd. began replacing the Reo buses with gasoline powered Blue Bird transit buses and GM [[Old Look|Old Looks]] and [[New Look|New Looks]], including two 30-foot [[General Motors TDH-3301|TDH-3301]]'s in 1970 and a 30-foot [[General Motors TDH-
3302A|TDH-3302N]] in 1973.
On February 1st 1978 the City of Dartmouth took over transit operations from Dartmouth Transit Service Buses Ltd, renaming it simply Dartmouth Transit. No new buses were purchased by Dartmouth Transit during its years operating bus service in Dartmouth.