Sound Transit route 545 'Redmond / Seattle'
This east-west express bus route runs between Redmond and Downtown Seattle via Kirkland, Bellevue and Montlake. Normal service frequencies are 30 minutes but peak hour, peak direction service is improved to 10-15 minutes.
Eastbound weekday morning service includes an additional stop at Bellevue Avenue and Olive Street due to requests from Capitol Hill residents. Weekday afternoon service after 12:00 PM for westbound trips detour off SR-520 to Overlake Transit center directly to reduce walking distance for passengers from the main Microsoft campus and to bring service closer to Microsoft's internal shuttle system.
The draft 2011 Service Implementation Plan tabled reductions in service with midday service reduced from 15 to 20 minutes and Sunday and holiday service reduced to hourly frequencies.
Bear Creek Park & Ride NE 76th St at 177th Place NE NE Redmond Way at NE 79th St Redmond Transit Center Bay 6 NE 85th St at 160th Ave NE 154th Ave NE at NE 85th St West Lake Sammamish Parkway NE at Leary Way SR 520 at NE 51st, and NE 40th St freeway stations Overlake Transit Center - NE 40th St (Bay 4) (weekdays after noon only) Yarrow Pt, Evergreen Pt and Montlake freeway stations Stewart St at Yale Ave, 9th Ave and 7th Ave 5th Ave at Pine St, University St, Marion St, and Jefferson St 5th Ave S at S Jackson St 6th Ave S at S Royal Brougham Way
Bear Creek Park and Ride
6th Ave S at S Atlantic St 4th Ave S and S Jackson St 4th Ave at James St, Madison St, University St and Pike St Olive Way at 8th Ave and Terry Ave Bellevue Ave at E Olive St (weekdays only before 10:45 am) Montlake, Evergreen Pt, Yarrow Pt, NE 40th St (Overlake Transit Center) and NE 51st freeway stations West Lake Sammamish Parkway NE & NE Leary Way NE 85th St at 154th Ave NE and 161st Ave NE Redmond Transit Center (Bay 3) Cleveland St at 166th Ave NE NE 76th St at 177th Place NE Bear Creek Park & Ride
- September 2000 - Route introduced
- February 2002 - New stops introduced for Overlake Transit Center and local circulation exchanged for use of SR-520 Freeway around Overlake area
- September 2003 - Saturday service introduced
- September 2004 - Sunday and holiday service introduced
- September 2005 - Peak service improved from 15 to 10 minutes with an additional westbound trip added at Bellevue Avenue and East Olive Street on Capitol Hill
- February 2008 - Midday 15 minute service introduced
- October 2010 - Route interlined with 522 Woodinville/Seattle
Service vehicles include New Flyer Industries D60LF , New Flyer Industries DE60LF, New Flyer Industries, New Flyer Industries D60LFR, New Flyer Industries DE60LFR, New Flyer Industries XD60 , and New Flyer Industries XDE60 buses.
- Lost & Found, soundtransit.org, retrieved 13-11-2010
- Sound Transit 2010 Service Implementation Plan December 10, 2009, soundtransit.org, retrieved 13-11-2010
- 2011 Draft Service Implementation Plan, soundtransit.org, retrieved 06-11-2010