Regina Transit provides public transportation in the city of Regina, Saskatchewan.
The employees are represented by Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 588.
Was created from the Regina Municipal Railway in 1950.
In early 2014, Regina Transit celebrated being 100% low-floor. All High-floor buses were retired around this time.
In early 2010, an audit by the Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) lead to a large number of buses being taken out of service after structural issues were found. Thirteen buses from the 1990 to 1992 range were taken out of service. It was noted that Regina Transit had planned to replace the buses from this age group with second hand buses they have been acquiring or plan to acquire in the near future as the buses they will replace were found to be not worth the cost of refurbishing. However the audit by the SGI has caused Regina Transit to search for and acquire more second hand buses ahead of schedule. On January 18, council approved the purchase of three new vehicles and several second hand buses.
By January 22, 2010 a further three buses were taken out of service following an SGI audit. By that week, 36 buses were audited and 16 were taken out of service after failing inspection. Six buses were reported to be heading back into service by the next month. By the end of January, Regina Transit had acquired some used buses from Lethbridge, Alberta and Charlotte, North Carolina.
|2||Argyle Park/Wood Meadows|
|12||Varsity Park/Mount Royal|
|40||Albert Street Express|
|50||Victoria Avenue Express|
- Address: 333 Winnipeg St., Regina, SK S4R 8P2
- Fax: 306-949-7211
- Admin: 306-777-7726
- Information: 306-777-RIDE
Downtown Transfer Hub (Cornwall Centre)
- Address: 11th Ave.
|Up to 30 units||2021-24||TBD||40' Bus|
|R-57||GMC||Cutaway||Unknown body and fleet numbers|
Regina Transit continued trolley bus operation from the Regina Municipal Railway, running the system until February 28, 1966.
|102, 112-114, 117-118||1947||CC&F||T-44||Formerly Regina Municipal Railway 102, 112-114 & 117-118.|
|123-146||1949||CC&F||T-44||Formerly Regina Municipal Railway 123-146.|
|?||2009?||Ford/StarTrans||Senator SII LF (Friendly Bus)|
|8||1911||Preston Car and Coach||SE-ST streetcar||2x Westinghouse 101 B2 40hp||Direct Drive||
|Detroit Diesel 6V71N||Allison V730||
|1988||NFI||D35||Detroit Diesel Series 50||Allison V731||
|1987||OBI||01.508||Detroit Diesel 6V92TA||Allison HT-748||
- ↑ Regina Leader Post January 2010
- ↑ Regina Buying New, Used Buses, newstalk8980.com, retrieved on 2010-08-17
- ↑ Regina Leader Post January 12, 2010
- ↑ Regina Replacement Buses Arriving Soon, cjme.com, retrieved on 2010-08-17
- ↑ https://cptdb.ca/topic/559-regina-transit/?do=findComment&comment=888292 Regina Transit forum on CPTDB. Posted and retrieved on February 26, 2020
- ↑ Miller, W.E. "Public Service Commission of Galt Equipment Roster (cumulative to present)", Canadian Coach Magazine, January 1972, Pg 9