Port Authority of Allegheny County 3500-3864
Port Authority of Allegheny County 3500-3864 were 1982-1983 Neoplan USA AN440A buses. This bus fleet was part of the 1,000 Neoplan bus order made by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation for many transit agencies across Pennsylvania, coining the name of these buses as "Pennliners."
|Detroit Diesel 6V92TA||Allison HT-747||44|
- Retired & sold off circa 1993-2002.
- Some units that retired circa 1993-1994 were acquired by Flxible as an exchange for a financially reduced order of Flxible Metro buses. The acquired Neoplans were rebuilt and exported to Guangzhou, Guangdong in China.
- A few units were bought by Harmon Brothers Charter and became their 3100 series. Some units were spotted at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996.
- Most units were bought by scrap yards.
- NIMCO, a scrap yard in New Jersey listed some units for sale in 1993. It is unknown if any units sold.
|Fleet Number||Thumbnail||Build Date||VIN||Plate at Retirement||Notes|