Port Authority of Allegheny County 3500-3864
Port Authority of Allegheny County 3500-3864 were 1982-1983 Neoplan USA AN440A buses. This bus fleet was part of the 1,000 Neoplan bus order made by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation for many transit agencies across Pennsylvania, coining the name of these buses as "Pennliners."
|Detroit Diesel 6V92TA||Allison HT-747||44|
- Retired & sold off circa 1993-2002.
- Some units that retired circa 1993-1994 were acquired by Flxible as an exchange for a financially reduced order of Flxible Metro buses. The acquired Neoplans were rebuilt and exported to Guangzhou, Guangdong in China as their 16xx series.
- 1 unit was bought by a shuttle operator in Ukraine. It was spotted on 9/15/2007. It was also spotted in Donetsk, Ukraine on 7/5/2011 being used during the 2011 Ukraine Super Cup event. It was listed for sale in February 2017. It was last spotted in the village of Ganivka in Ukraine. It may have been a former Guangzhou operated unit.
- 1 unit was bought by an unknown owner in an unidentified country (Lic. Plate: A 23069). It was listed on ebay in the 2000's. It may have been a former Guangzhou operated unit.
- Most units were bought by scrap yards.
- NIMCO, a scrap yard in New Jersey listed some units for sale in 1995.
- A few units were sold to Harmon Brothers Charter and became their 3100 series. Some units were spotted at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996.
- Several units were sold to Capital City Coach in Atlanta, GA. They were spotted running in 1998.
|Fleet Number||Thumbnail||Build Date||VIN||Plate at Retirement||Notes|