Pacific Stage Lines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Pacific Stage Lines was formed in 1922, originally known as BC Motor Transportation Ltd., and was a subsidiary of the BC Electric Railway
- The first major expansion of Pacific Stage Lines was in 1950 when BCER discontinued interurban tram service to Chilliwack in the Fraser Valley.
- The next expansion was in 1960 when the BC Government initiated ferry service to Vancouver Island via Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay and Horseshoe Bay-Departure Bay.
- It was sold to the BC Government along with BCER in 1962.
- A new 4-digit numbering sequence, consisting of the original PSL number with the prefix "6" was then adopted.
- In 1979 Pacific Stage Lines was merged with Vancouver Island Coach Lines to form Pacific Coach Lines (1979) Ltd. This company was to be a schedule operator only and the Gray Line Tour franchise and charter licenses were sold to private operators. At this time, most pre-1970 coaches were then sold to various operators.
- Address: 281 W. Hastings St., Vancouver, BC V6B 1M1
- Address: 1021 Dunsmuir St., Vancouver, BC V6C 2G3
- Address: 150 Dunsmuir St., Vancouver, BC V6B 1X7
 Not a complete list
|49||1936||Hayes Anderson||PCT31 "Teardrop"||
|50 (2), 51||1936||Hayes Anderson||PCT31 "Teardrop"||
|52 (2)||1936||Hayes Anderson||PCT31 "Teardrop"||
|53 (1)||1918||Studebaker||Big 6||
|53 (2), 54-55||1936||Hayes Anderson||PCT31 "Teardrop"||55 - Hercules||
|56-65||1937||Hayes Anderson||PCT32 "Teardrop"||Hercules||
|166-170||1938||Hayes Anderson||Clipper PCT36||Hercules||
|217-252||Renumbered 6217-6252 in 1962.|
|529||1960||Volkswagen||241 Micro Bus||
|3801-3805||1971||GMDD||T6H-5306||These were transferred back and forth between BC Hydro Transit & PSL during the 1970’s to meet increased vehicle requirements during the summer months.|
|5501-5504, 5509||1965||Prevost||V48-8||These were transferred back and forth between BC Hydro Transit & PSL during the 1970’s to meet increased vehicle requirements during the summer months.|
|5801-5805||1969||GMDD||T6H-5306||These were transferred back and forth between BC Hydro Transit & PSL during the 1970’s to meet increased vehicle requirements during the summer months.|
|6301-6318||6/1961||MCI||MC-2||Detroit Diesel||Spicer 4 speed manual|
|6329-6336||5/1963||MCI||MC-4||Detroit Diesel 8V71N||Spicer 4 speed manual|
|6337-6338||1967||MCI||MCC-5A||Detroit Diesel 8V71N||Spicer 4 speed manual||
|6339-6346||1967||MCI||MC-5A||Detroit Diesel 8V71N||Spicer 4 speed manual||To Pacific Coach Lines 6520-6527.|
|6347-6348||4/1965||MCI||MCC-5A||Detroit Diesel 8V71N||Spicer 4 speed manual|
|6352||5/1963||MCI||MC-4||Detroit Diesel 8V71N||Spicer 4 speed manual|
|6354||3/1965||MCI||MCC-5A||Detroit Diesel 8V71N||Spicer 4 speed manual|
|6357-6358, 6360||5/1963||MCI||MC-4||Detroit Diesel 8V71N||Spicer 4 speed manual|
|6361||6/1960||MCI||MC-2||Detroit Diesel||Spicer 4 speed manual|
|6501-6504||1965||Bus & Car||Model 01|
|6505-6508||1965||Bus & Car||Model 01|
|6601-6605||1968||Western Flyer||600A||Detroit Diesel 8V71N||
|6609||1961||Western Flyer||Canuck P-41|
|6614||1967||Western Flyer||Canuck 500|
|6701-6706||1969||MCI||MC-7||Detroit Diesel 8V71N||Spicer 4 speed manual||
|6707-6712||1970||MCI||MC-7||Detroit Diesel 8V71N||Spicer 4 speed manual||
|6713-6714||1969||MCI||MC-7||Detroit Diesel 8V71N||Spicer 4 speed manual|
|6716-6744||1974||MCI||MC-8||Detroit Diesel 8V71N||Allison HT-740||
|6801-6815||1975||GMC||S8H-5304A||These coaches were purchased by BC Hydro Transit in 1975. They were used there on suburban routes for 6 months, then transferred to PSL where they were used for Gray Line Sightseeing and regular schedule overload trips. In 1979 when PSL & VICL were merged into PCL they were returned to BC Hydro Transit.|
|6871-6880||1974||GMDD||T6H-5308N||These were run in Surrey on the 819, 820, 821 routes (now 319, 320, 321). There were no route numbers in the beginning; PSL used cardboard signs for Whalley, Langley, and Delta. Despite there being three separate routes there were really only two, from Whalley buses either went to Langley via Guildford or to Scottsdale via 96th Ave & Scott Road and some only went to Whalley in peak. Later, Pacific Stage Lines Town & Country service to the Fraser Valley connected with Surrey local services at Guilford.|
- Peter Cox’s roster notes from 1986.