Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route R1
Route R1 is a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route R1 is the replacement bus for when O-Train Line 1 is not running. It does not run a specific route as it is only used in between stations that have a disabled train(s) in between.
October 6th, 2019
- New replacement service for O-Train Line 1 when service is delayed.
December 2nd, 2019
- O-Train replacement service now includes an Express option. R1 Express buses may be deployed to replace busy parts of Line 1 if the train is not running.
- R1 Express skips some stations to quickly re-connect you with Line 1 trains. Skipped stations are served by Regular R1 replacement service.
- Route will have dedicated R1 buses that will be parked at RCGT Park and be on standby incase there is a service disruption. These units are Nova Bus LFS 4683-4685, 4687, 4689-4703, 4705-4706, 4714-4715.
December 18th, 2019
- Will be divided between multiple locations to increase effectiveness. During the AM peak, buses will be stationed at Bayview Station Road, Westboro Station, Hurdman Station, RCGT Baseball Stadium and Blair Station. During the PM peak, buses will be stationed at Bayview Station Road, Hurdman Station, RCGT Baseball Stadium and St. Laurent Station. 
December 22nd, 2019
January 20th, 2020
- R1 Express trips are cancelled and replaced by new Route S1. These trips will extend directly to downtown from Tunney's Pasture and Hurdman Stations.
March 1st, 2020
- Will run all week to supplement Line 1.
- Buses travelling west will not Serve Lees Station, however, a shuttle will run periodically between Lees and Rideau to connect persons at Lees with westbound services.
March 9th, 2020
- Due to low ridership, supplementary R1 service will be cancelled until needed.
May 2nd, 2020
- Will operate until May 3rd, replacing Line 1. This was so RTG can do much-needed maintenance and updates which was approved by both the city and OC Transpo.
- Westbound trips are revised to serve Lees Station for improved connections.
- Westbound buses leaving Blair will serve Cyrville Station via Star Top instead of turning left from the 417 onto Cyrville.
- Buses will be removed from Rideau Station due to the closure of Rideau street for a street renewal project. Buses will instead serve Mackenzie King Station then continue onto regular routing.
May 9th, 2020
- Will operate until May 13th, replacing Line 1. This was so RTG can do much-needed maintenance and updates which was approved by both the city and OC Transpo.