Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 99 'Greenboro/Barrhaven Centre & Manotick'
Route 99 is a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 99 is a Rapid route that serves important areas of the city including Southeast Ottawa, the Riverside South Community and Barrhaven. The Hurdman station to Greenboro station portion of the route is only operated during peak periods. All trips serve Leitrim Park & Ride.
September 6th, 2009
- New route that will replace Route 45 between Riverview and Greenboro with peak period trips extending to LeBreton station in the AM and the reverse in the PM peak.
- For service to Manotick, see new Route 245.
- Service along Shoreline and Canyon Walk is still provided by Route 145, however customers seeking to head downtown will have to walk a few extra minutes to take Route 99 along Spratt.
November 28th, 2009
- Will be revised to start and end at Riverview Park & Ride instead of The Plaza.
- Route will continue to provide all day service through the community to Greenboro Station and a direct connection to downtown during rush hour.
September 5th, 2010
- Will serve the NEW Leitrim Park & Ride lot on request in order to minimize delays to the route.
- Customers using the lot can request that northbound buses serve the lot by pushing the “request stop” button on the bus stop flag pole.
- In the southbound direction, customers wishing to get off at the lot, simply ring the bell prior to the stop and the bus will turn into the lot. This change will be effective later in September when the lot opens.
September 4th, 2011
- Increased service in the peak periods.
April 22nd, 2012
- Northbound weekend trips travel via Uplands and Hunt Club for better weekend service to communities along Uplands.
September 2nd, 2012
- Route will have improved service to the CE Centre on Uplands Drive and Riverside South, with an increase from hourly to half-hourly service on Sundays between 10 AM and 5:30 PM.
- Weekday southbound trips after 7 PM will be adjusted slightly to improve connections from the O-Train.
- A peak period extension will be added, between Riverview Station and Manotick, to replace Route 245.
July 19th, 2014
- Most trips extended to the Nepean Woods and Marketplace Stations in Barrhaven.
November 20th, 2014
- Will travel on new bus-only lanes on Chapman Mills Drive and serve Beatrice Station (stop #3049), which will open in the heart of Barrhaven.
December 20th, 2015
- Does not serve Lees Station westbound.
- East- and southbound trips between 7 PM and 6 AM and on weekends serve the upper level of Lees Station.
- Uses Highway 417 and the Vanier Parkway between Campus and Hurdman Stations.
April 24th, 2016
- The last northbound trip is cancelled due to low ridership.
- No longer serves Lees or Campus Stations in either direction.
- Travels via Highway 417 and Nicholas Street between Laurier and Hurdman Stations.
June 25th, 2017
- New routing and stop locations at Hurdman Station.
December 24th, 2017
- Chapman Mills bus lanes will be extended between Longfields and Beatrice for more reliable travel times.
- The bus stops at Chapman Mills / Mancini (#1402) and Chapman Mills / Leamington (#1404) will no longer be in use.
April 22nd, 2018
- Route 99 trips to/from Manotick are replaced by new Connexion Route 299. This change saw the removal of the remaining leaf bus flags along the route.
Ocotber 6th, 2019
- Peak period trips will be shortened to end at Hurdman Station.
- Service between Hurdman and downtown will be replaced by Line 1.
December 22nd, 2019
- From Hurdman to Barrhaven Centre: Afternoon trip added at 5:34 PM.
May 3rd, 2020
- Line 2 train service at Greenboro will be replaced with Line 2 Bus service in preparations for the launch of Stage 2 LRT in 2022.
Previous Route Maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Bank Street Promenade (peak)
- Billings Bridge Plaza (peak)
- Ernst & Young Centre (Saturday/Sunday Northbound trips)
- National Library (peak)
- Ottawa Hospital - Riverside Campus (peak)
- South Keys Shopping Centre
- World Exchange Plaza (peak)