Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 99 'Greenboro/Barrhaven Centre & Manotick'
Route 99 is a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 99 is a Rapid route that serves important areas of the city including the downtown core, Southeast Ottawa, the Riverside South Community and Barrhaven. The Lebreton station (downtown) to Greenboro station portion of the route is only operated during peak periods. All trips serve Leitrim Park & Ride.
September 6th, 2009
- New regular route that replaces route 45.
- Those who wanted to travel to Manotick had to disembark at Riverview station and board route 245. It was expected that they top up from a regular fare to rural express once they board.
September 5th, 2010
- Began serving the Leitrim Park & Ride lot on request.
September 4th, 2011
- Increased service in the peak periods.
April 22nd, 2012
- Northbound weekend trips travel via Uplands and Hunt Club for better weekend service to communites along Uplands.
September 2nd, 2012
- Route is extended to Manotick, replacing route 245
July 19th, 2014
- Most trips extended to the Nepean Woods and Marketplace Stations in Barrhaven.
August 31st, 2014
- Route now serves Beatrice station.
November 12th, 2014
- Started travelling on new bus-only lanes on Chapman Mills Drive.
December 20th, 2015
- Does not serve Lees Station westbound.
- Southbound trips after 7 pm and before 6 am and on weekends serve the upper level of Lees Station.
April 24th, 2016
- The last northbound trip was cancelled due to low ridership.
December 24th, 2017
- Route 99's Manotick trips are replaced by new Connexion route 299. In addition, this change saw the removal of the remaining leaf bus flags along the route.
Previous Route Maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Bank Street Promenade (peak)
- Billings Bridge Plaza (peak)
- Canadian War Museum (peak)
- Chateau Laurier (peak)
- Ernst & Young Centre (Saturday/Sunday Northbound trips)
- National Arts Centre (peak)
- National Library (peak)
- Ottawa Hospital - Riverside Campus (peak)
- Parliament Hill (peak)
- Rideau Canal (peak)
- Rideau Centre/Byward Market (peak)
- South Keys Shopping Centre
- Sparks Street Mall (peak)
- University of Ottawa (peak)
- World Exchange Plaza (peak)