Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 98 'LeBreton & Tunney's Pasture/Hawthorne'
Route 98 is a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 98 is a Rapid route that serves important areas of the city including Southeast Ottawa. It serves one major mall, Billings Bridge. In addition, it serves smaller shopping centres such as South Keys Shopping Centre as well as the World Exchange Plaza and the Bank Street Promenade.
August 31st, 2008
- New Route that will replace a portion of Route E84 serving Greenboro/Hunt Club Park, and will supplement Route 97 along the Transitway between South Keys and Tunney’s Pasture. Route will operate from Hawthorne at Hunt Club and through the Greenboro/Hunt Club Park community via Blohm to the Transitway.
- Some trips will end at Greenboro Station, but most will be extended to downtown and Tunney’s Pasture, including on weekends.
- Route will operate every 5 minutes in the peak period.
- See new Route 114 for service through the community to Elmvale and St. Laurent.
- Service on Esson and on Hunt Club between Esson and Blohm will be discontinued due to the extension of Route 98 along Blohm and Hunt Club to Hawthorne.
September 4th, 2011
- Frequency is slightly increased northbound in the morning peak period and southbound in the early evening to better serve commuters.
September 2nd, 2012
- To meet the growing demand for service, additional trips that are over and above the normal seasonal increases will be added.
September 1st, 2013
- Busy trips/runs now being assigned articulated and Double Decker buses.
December 20th, 2015
- Does not serve Lees Station in the westbound direction. Stops at the upper level of Lees Station on trips travelling south to Greenboro and Hawthorne. Uses Highway 417 and the Vanier Parkway between Campus and Hurdman Stations.
- In off-peak times, trips end at LeBreton Station and do not serve Bayview or Tunney’s Pasture Stations.
April 24th, 2016
- The first-weekday trip southbound and the last northbound trip were cancelled due to low ridership.
- Larger buses were used on key trips.
- Continues to serve Lees in the southbound direction only.
- Travels via Laurier and King Edward between Laurier and Hurdman Stations.
- Southbound trips do not serve Laurier Station but serve a nearby stop at the corner of Laurier and Cumberland.
June 19th, 2016
- Additional trips added to downtown to better serve commuters.
September 4th, 2016
- Service is decreased to reflect ridership levels.
April 23rd, 2017
- Schedule adjustments to better match up with Route 114 in Greenboro East.
June 25th, 2017
- New routing and stop locations at Hurdman Station.
October 6th, 2019
- Peak period trips will be shortened to end at Hurdman Station.
- Service between Hurdman and downtown will be replaced by Line 1.
December 22nd, 2019
- From Hurdman to Hawthorne: Afternoon trip added at 4:53 PM.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Bank Street Promenade
- Billings Bridge Plaza
- Ottawa Hospital - Riverside Campus
- South Keys Shopping Centre
- World Exchange Plaza