Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 93 'Lincoln Fields & Lebreton & Bell HS/Kanata North & Innovation'
Route 93 was a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 93 was a rapid transit route that ran from Kanata North to Lincoln Fields Station and Downtown in peak periods. It operated seven days a week, with a 30-minute frequency in most time periods, and 10-15 minute service in peak periods. In peak periods, trips started at Lebreton Station in the morning, and ended there in the afternoon and early evening.
September 4th, 2011
- Will provide frequent, reliable service for Kanata North residents, with connections to Eagleson and Bayshore Stations and rapid transit service.
- In Kanata, buses will operate along Teron, March, Solandt, Legget, Terry Fox, Helmsdale, Shirley’s Brook, Marconi, Klondike, Halton Terrace, Flamborough and Terry Fox.
- Route will also provide a direct connection from downtown to the Kanata North Business Park for commuters.
- In peak periods, trips will start at LeBreton Station in the morning, and end there in the afternoon and early evening.
- Route will operate seven days a week, with a 30-minute frequency in most time periods, and 10-15 minute service in peak periods.
- Route will replace sections of Routes 101, 160, 168, 169 and 182.
- Route will have school trips to Bell High School added, replacing Route 660.
January 8th, 2012
- Route will have some morning peak period trips extended to Innovation to better serve commuters. Buses will sign 93 Kanata North via Innovation.
- Customers can connect to this service along the Transitway between LeBreton and Bayshore Stations, as well as Eagleson Park & Ride.
- These trips will be in addition to the new peak period trips on Route 169.
April 22nd, 2012
- Route will be extended from Bayshore Station to Lincoln Fields Station seven days a week for improved connections.
- Peak period service to/from LeBreton will be unchanged. Note that in most time periods Route 93 will serve the local platform at Lincoln Fields, but in rush hour - westbound in the morning and eastbound in the afternoon - buses will serve the Transitway platform.
- Route will be modified in Kanata North from a one-way loop to two-way service, with all trips starting or ending on Innovation Drive near Hines. This will improve connections and make it easier for customers to identify the correct bus to get to their destination. Residents in Kanata North going to Bayshore or other destinations will catch their bus on the opposite side of the street.
- Route will be modified in Kanata North to travel from Teron via Carling and Schneider to Legget, instead of via March Road and Solandt.
- Service to Innovation Drive will also be improved since it will be served by all trips.
- Five supplemental trips in the morning peak period from Eagleson Park & Ride that follow the new routing to Kanata North, will replace the current Route 169 service.
December 23rd, 2012
- Will have increased service westbound from 8 to 9 AM on weekdays in response to an increase in ridership.
April 21st, 2013
- Some trips will be extended to Hines Road at the corner of Solandt Road in the morning and afternoon on weekdays, improving service to employment areas and reducing walking distances.
September 1st, 2013
- Additional trips added.
- Busy trips/runs now being assigned articulated and Double Decker buses.
- Peak period trips now extend to Solandt. Innovation to Hines is only served during peak periods once again.
December 22nd, 2013
- Modified to serve the new Richcraft Recreation Complex in Kanata North.
- All off-peak trips start and end at the complex.
- In the peak periods, several trips were extended along Innovation to start (afternoons only) or end (mornings only) at Hines and Solandt.
April 24th, 2016
- The first-weekday trip westbound was cancelled due to low ridership.
December 25th, 2016
- Route is combined with Route 60 into revised Route Route 63 in preparations for the launch of the O-Train Confederation Line in 2018.
- Service will operate all day and will extend to and from downtown during peak periods.
- New Route 64 will provide additional weekday service all day and will extend to and from downtown during peak periods.
- School trips to Bell H.S. become new Route 660, which will run via March Road.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Bayshore Shopping Centre
- Bayview O-Train Station
- Kanata North
- Tunney's Pasture Federal Government Offices