Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 87
Route 87 is a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 87 is a frequent route that runs from Tunney's Pasture and ends at Baseline station. Service between Carlingwood and Baseline operates every 15 minutes during the day on weekdays, and every 30 minutes on weekday evenings and on weekends.
September 3rd, 1995
- New route that replaces Route 96 in Riverside Park and Hunt Club.
- Route will operate 7 days a week between Billings Bridge and Greenboro station on the Southeast Transitway with peak period trips being extended to and from downtown.
April 7th, 1996
- Will have some trips extended to downtown on weekdays and weekends.
August 29th, 1999
- Route is revised to travel via the Transitway between Billings Bridge and Riverside which will improve travel time and connections for customers.
- All trips will be extended to Hurdman station to improve connections.
- Customers along Riverside will have alternative service nearby on any route at Pleasant Park station.
- Route is extended to Carlingwood Mall via the Transitway and Parkway to replace Route 96 until 9:30 PM approx.
- Service to Confederation Heights is replaced by revised Route 118.
- Early morning trips now serve Downpatrick instead of staying on Hunt Club.
June 27th, 2004
- No service after 11:30 PM, Monday to Friday; before 6:30 AM and after 11:30 PM on Saturdays and after 10:30 PM on Sundays.
June 26th, 2005
- Service after 11:30 PM, Monday to Friday; before 6:30 AM and after 11:30 PM on Saturdays and after 10:30 PM on Sundays is reinstated.
April 16th, 2006
- Will be added to the accessible route network.
June 24th, 2007
- Will be supplemented in the morning peak period in both directions and southbound in the afternoon peak period to compensate for the cancellation of Route 41.
September 2nd, 2007
- Two early morning trips will be extended from Billings Bridge to Hurdman Station to improve transfer connections.
September 4th, 2011
- Will be revised slightly to operate via Ridgewood, Springland, Flannery and Brookfield, instead of Riverside to Heron, replacing off-peak service on Route 140.
- Buses will operate along the Canada Post roadway in both directions between Heron and Brookfield.
- Route will also be extended south of Carlingwood to Baseline Station along Woodroffe, replacing Route 174.
- Service between Carlingwood and Baseline operated every 15 minutes during the day on weekdays, and every 30 minutes on weekday evenings and on weekends.
September 2nd, 2012
- To meet the growing demand for service, additional trips that are over and above the normal seasonal increases will be added.
December 23rd, 2012
- Will have two mid-day trips added between Hurdman Station and St. Patrick’s Home on Riverside Drive. These trips will operate seven days a week and provide improved access to transit for seniors as well as connections to Billings Bridge and downtown.
- Service will be available at the bus stop on the east side of Riverside Drive at St. Patrick’s driveway.
September 1st, 2013
- Busy trips/runs now being assigned articulated and Double Decker buses.
- Schedules adjusted to improve reliability.
- Selected trips not bypass Springland by staying on Riverside.
April 20th, 2014
- An eastbound commute will be modified to begin at the corner of Lenester Avenue and Woodroffe Avenue rather than at Carlingwood Mall to bring service to residents of the Glabar Park and McKellar Heights communities closer together. This trip will start at 7:45 AM.
December 20th, 2015
- Does not serve Lees Station westbound.
- Southbound trips between 7 PM and 6 AM and on weekends serve the upper level of Lees Station.
- Uses Highway 417 and the Vanier Parkway between Campus and Hurdman Stations.
April 24th, 2016
- No longer serves Lees or Campus Stations in either direction.
- Travels via Highway 417 and Nicholas Street between Laurier and Hurdman Stations.
- Larger buses were used on key trips.
June 25th, 2017
- New routing and stop locations at Hurdman Station.
October 6th, 2019
- Will be split into two routes: Route 87 travelling west of Tunney's Pasture; Route 90 travelling south of Hurdman.
- Trips to St. Patrick's Home on Riverside will be renumbered as Route 190.
- Will no longer travel through downtown.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Algonquin College
- Billings Bridge S.C.
- Canada Post HQ
- Carlingwood Mall
- Mooney's Bay Park & Beach
- Riverside Health Centre
- South Keys S.C.