Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 86
Route 86 is a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 86 is a local route that runs from Tunney's Pasture via Meadowlands and ends at Baseline station.
April 23rd, 1995
- Will have the last weekday trip extended to end at Elmvale.
August 29th, 1999
- Route is extended from Baseline station to Lincoln Fields station for better connections to other routes and to reduce transfers for some passengers.
September 2nd, 2001
- School trips to St. Pius X are renumbered to new Route 690. Routing will be unchanged.
June 27th, 2004
- No service after 11:30 PM on Saturdays.
January 2nd, 2005
- Will become part of the accessible route network. Most weekend trips will be fully-accessible, but on weekdays accessible trips will vary from about 30-60% coverage.
June 26th, 2005
- Service after 11:30 PM on Saturdays is reinstated.
September 2nd, 2007
- Will be revised to travel from Elmvale, south on Russell, then north on Southvale back to Russell. Buses departing Southvale going to Elmvale will follow the opposite routing.
September 4th, 2011
- Will be shortened to end at Baseline Station instead of Lincoln Fields, which is well-served by many routes.
- Route will also provide a direct connection between downtown and Colonnade industrial park, replacing Route 3.
- Buses will travel the regular route to Fisher and Meadowlands, then south along Fisher to Viewmount, Merivale and Colonnade. These buses will sign "86C COLONNADE", while trips to Baseline Station will sign "86B BASELINE".
April 22nd, 2012
- Some eastbound trips on Route 86, which start at Colonnade (86C), will end at Mackenzie King instead of Hurdman Station.
September 1st, 2013
- Minor frequency reductions in certain time periods.
December 20th, 2015
- Does not serve Lees Station westbound.
- Southbound trips between 7 PM and 6 AM and on weekends serve the upper level of Lees Station.
- Uses Highway 417 and the Vanier Parkway between Campus and Hurdman Stations.
April 24th, 2016
- No longer serves Lees or Campus Stations in either direction.
- Travels via Highway 417 and Nicholas Street between Laurier and Hurdman Stations.
- Larger buses were used on key trips.
April 23rd, 2017
- Afternoon trips on 86C will start/end at Mackenzie King for increased reliability.
June 25th, 2017
- New routing and stop locations at Hurdman Station.
June 24th, 2018
- 86C trips that operate between Colonnade and Tunney's Pasture will be replaced by new Route 89. The number of trips and routing will remain the same.
October 6th, 2019
- Will be split into two routes: Route 86 travelling west of Tunney's Pasture; Route 46 travelling east of Hurdman.
- Route 46 will be combined with Route 112 and extended from Southvale to Billings Bridge.
- Will no longer travel through downtown.
December 22nd, 2019
- From Tunney's Pasture to Baseline: Evening trip added at 6:15 PM.
November 16th, 2020
- Some afternoon trips serving St. Pius X High School are changing to match new bell times for senior students.
- Pick-up time: 1:59 PM
- Regular trip at 1:35 to Baseline starts 9 minutes later.
- Serves Fisher / Forest Park (560# 6728).
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Algonquin College
- Bayview O-Train station
- Elmvale Shopping Centre