Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 85
Route 85 is a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 85 is a frequent route that runs from Gatineau, along Carling Ave. and ends at Bayshore station.
February 15th, 1995
- On February 20th, the eastbound weekday trips leaving Bayshore from 7:09 to 8:24 AM will leave two minutes earlier in order to improve schedule adherence.
February 9th, 1997
- Service will be increased during the AM peak.
December 24th, 2000
- Route will serve the newly built Bayshore Station.
June 24th, 2001
- Will operate in both directions along the north section of Woodridge to and from Bayshore Station.
September 2nd, 2001
- School trip departing from Lincoln Fields Station to Carling/Broadview (Notre Dame) is cancelled.
April 24th, 2005
- Early morning trips will now serve the Children’s Hospital, the Rehabilitation Centre and the General Hospital grounds.
June 25th, 2006
- Service in the westbound direction will no longer enter Lincoln Fields Station so that customers can have a more direct trip. Customers can board Route 85 on Carling Avenue at the entrance to the station.
August 31st, 2008
- Route will be shortened to operate from Bayshore to Hurdman Station in order to improve schedule adherence and reliability.
- East of Hurdman, service will be provided by new Route 106 along Smyth Road, and by new Route 114 along St. Laurent Blvd. north of Elmvale.
September 4th, 2011
- Will be revised to operate via Preston instead of Bronson, replacing part of Route 3.
- Service on Bronson will be replaced by Route 4.
- Route will be shortened to end at Mackenzie King Station, instead of Hurdman, in the early morning, evening and on weekends.
September 1st, 2013
- Minor frequency reductions in certain time periods.
December 20th, 2015
- Does not serve Campus or Hurdman Stations. Connects Lees Station with downtown by travelling on Laurier and King Edward.
- Route 16 also offers direct service from Lees Station (stop 4A or 4B) to downtown.
- On weekdays, Route 16 starts earlier in the morning and operates until later in the evening.
May 16th, 2016
- No longer serves Laurier Station.
- Service on these routes is available nearby on Laurier Ave, at Cumberland, and at Mackenzie King Station.
- This change improves traffic flow on Laurier and reduces the potential for delay to other westbound services.
April 23rd, 2017
- Reduced frequency east of Mackenzie King to reflect lower seasonal ridership following the end of the winter term at uOttawa.
- Short trips between Mackenzie King and Lees Stations are removed.
October 6th, 2019
- Route is re-routed to serve Gatineau and Pimisi Station.
- Line 1 replaces service between Pimisi and Lees.
May 3rd, 2020
- Line 2 train service at Carling will be replaced with Line 2 Bus service in preparations for the launch of Stage 2 LRT in 2022.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Westgate S.C.
- Bayshore S.C.
- Civic Hospital